Something different

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ErAdiCToR

Jun 12, 2001
Visit site
It's like this. I was last playing ut again, and got sick a bit of just ut and ut. So suddenly i found myslef on a server with idling guys. This was great fun, we did stupid dances made some pics and alse played hide and seek. That's when (and before) i knew for sure: There has to be a funmod for Unreal Tournament. A mod in which you will have no weapons or so, there will be boots, instead of weapons you will hold a beer or something. Maps should look like bars or like playground where you can make nice pics.

I think this will actually be quite succesfull since a lot of ppl sometimes just get really bored with plain old ut. And the major advantage of this mod is: You can run 32 player servers, without having to think about the ping, if everybody runs around with 'bout 250-300 it's perfect. Yeah this looks pretty cool to me. But unfortunately, i cannot program or make maps. But maybe anyone else can.. I hope someone will do, you can even contact me if you want to realize my dream and then hope a server will take the mod :)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Wasn't there a mod started for a tourney or something like that which was going to use a map with portals that would allow people to gather and then go to a server for a match?

Would have been in the news between Jan. 2001 till now(although likely before March).

Something tells me that it didn't go so well as their was funding problems for the tourney but I can't be certain if I'm thinking of the same thing.

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by ErAdiCToR
It's like this. I was last playing ut again, and got sick a bit of just ut and ut. So suddenly i found myslef on a server with idling guys. This was great fun, we did stupid dances made some pics and alse played hide and seek. That's when (and before) i knew for sure: There has to be a funmod for Unreal Tournament. A mod in which you will have no weapons or so, there will be boots, instead of weapons you will hold a beer or something. Maps should look like bars or like playground where you can make nice pics.

vaugely reminds me of a q2 "Beer" mod. health packs are beer, and the more you need the drunker you get. wich shows by interesting and hilarious effects. :D espcially if you use the homer simson skin. lol! :p

wish there was something simular for UT. ah well. :hmm:

KixAhhz

Banned
May 4, 2001
itcam.filetap.com
I totally agree some of the most fun I've had is just setting up my listen server and me and my(almost neighbor) good friend get in the map and try to find glitches in it....things like unaligned textures that your x-loc will stick to (halfway up a cliff) ..places where you can actually get "outside" the map usually by slipping thru some little hole the designer figured "NO ONE" would ever find. I've even found places in maps where you can get to and shoot thru walls and mountains but you cant be shot back.

The funnest way to check stuff out is to go in with yer x-loc and just start throwin it everywhere... if you do that I almost garuntee there will be a texture/mapping/wierd effect type glitch in every single map....

The funnest ones are the ones where all of a sudden everything is black and yer lookin at the back of all the building textures. Only thing is ..half the time ya can't get back in LOL....gotta commit suicide to explore the rest.

In the map DM-Hunting Cabin(i think thats it) There is a wierd texture seam in one of the corner mountains..as you walk slowly down it..to everyone else it will look like you slipped and fell and disappeared. Actually you'll be standing right beside them but they can't see you. They can see your weapons fire but it looks like its coming outta thin air. Then you take 1 more step and you are back in plain sight. This wasn;t a 1 time glitch or anything I have done it at least 10 times ..Talk about "HIDE AND SEEK"

BTW ..I think a hide and seek Mod would be wicked. Another mod I'd like to see is a single pistol mod ...I know you can use TheWorm to do it but not in ON-LINE games cause it causes to many wierd effects.... 1-v-1 DM in a LARGE map each player gets a "magic pistol"(never runs outta ammo) and a shield belt and full health. There are no power ups and no ammo or health in the map. Then you play to 1 frag!
These are the funnest games i've played...of course the way we play it now is we each grab 1 keg-o-health and 1 shield belt and fill up on ammo ...then we just agree not to grab any extra ammo, health or armor...I think it would be a kickin mod... :D

Any really creative person wanna make it for me? :)

[ReZ]BullDog

Feb 6, 2001
Bristol, UK
rezerection.moonfruit.com
I love exploring levels for places you not sposed to go. Do it a lot for hiding places when you have the flag...only accessable by hammer.

Fun one to try....Phobos and kill of the hill (tower).
Get a few mates on and go up the tower and try to hold it for as long as poss.
Was laffing so hard on that I couldn't concentrate...which is the point I spose. Running around with charged hammers is a scream too.