Help for Dreamcast UT with DSL :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LonerVamp

Teamplay.Net Head Dictator
May 25, 2001
Iowa
Visit site
Ok, here's the problem. I am having trouble getting my DreamCast UT game to find the Internet.

If you do not use a broadband adapter, you don't have to bother reading on.

I have a broadband adapter on my DreamCast and it is connected to a switch. This switch is then connected to my computer through a network card. My computer also has an internal DSL modem which connects out to the Internet (that's what I'm on here).

All of this is hooked up, and it should be working. The girls that live with me here have had computers hooked up this way and all had Internet access.

In the UT connection screen, I can look up my current IP easily enough. I can grab the DNS and 2ndary DNS from my TCP/IP settings on my PC. My Gateway is set automatically by the DSL service which is through Qwest (formerly USWest).

Anyone have a similar setup and get things to work?

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
SC: Sega.net is having a Grand Master's Tournament for UT.
http://grandmasters.sega.net/d?e=103&p=5

Anyhoo....

Vamp...LOLOLOL. I happened to glance at today's threads and I noticed the title of this topic and I said "Wow! I really hope Vamp sees this guy's question b/c I know he's got a DC UT". Then I saw it was posted by you and went "doh" Ehehehe..

BTW come find me on IRC this afternoon if you can, I need to talk to you about some things

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
SC: Sega.net is having a Grand Master's Tournament for UT.

I meant that I believed that Dreamcast UT was incompatible with PC UT online. Those are Sega.net servers, and not PC UT servers.

Now as for the network, the Dreamcast, which is using the computer (at least as described) as it's gateway, needs to be set with the IP of the internal network card as the gateway device.