What I'd like to see for 2.86

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
What I am most concerned about for 2.86 is not the inclusion of any new weapons, but rather making INF as bugfree as possible. I think that the INF team should spend a whole lot of time on 2.86 and fix all the bugs which are being tossed around here. Yes, it will take longer but if they can acheive that goal in 2.86 then the next version (with EAS) will undoubtedly be easier to implement, and also give this wonderful game a more polished feel for all the newbies that will be comming.

Anyway, here are a list of the bugs and the like that I would like to see fixed for 2.86 (feel free to tack on)

1. prone - this is a cosmetic issue, but one that really bugs me. If you are prone, then you shouldn't be able to pivot on your belly with your legs sticking into the ground and the rest of your body flying into the air. Likewise, you should be very limited as to how much the player can look up/down, left/right before having to get up and readjust. This very simple fix would make the game look alot better.

2. unexploded 40mms - enough said

3. prone invisibility - again, enough said

hopefully, the rest of the INF community will add onto this list and give the team a checklist for 2.86

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by rgreene

1. prone - this is a cosmetic issue, but one that really bugs me. If you are prone, then you shouldn't be able to pivot on your belly with your legs sticking into the ground and the rest of your body flying into the air. Likewise, you should be very limited as to how much the player can look up/down, left/right before having to get up and readjust. This very simple fix would make the game look alot better.

2. unexploded 40mms - enough said

3. prone invisibility - again, enough said

hopefully, the rest of the INF community will add onto this list and give the team a checklist for 2.86

1: Already submitted
2: ??
3: Same as 1

Dangerous10K

Armed and as always Dangerous
Nov 26, 2000
how bout the bug when ya try to pick up a grenade and ya cant use it for some reason

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
Oh yea, I forgot.

Please, change the menus slightly. I am sure that everybody here knows how to use them and is used to them by now, but I don't know about newbies who will come on with 2.86 and eventually with 2.9? (whatever EAS will be).

The changes needed are quite minor, just make the buttons have more than 3 letters in them.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
St0rmcaller, I think he wants you to post the entire manual (or a link to it)

Kuroshio, I suggest starting here...
http://www.adtdl.army.mil/atdls.htm
or
http://www.artrans.com/rmsg/mfm.htm

oh and here's the field manual on the M203
http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/23-31/f2331.htm

and this is from the M203 manual (I'm not sure exactly which type of grenade is in INF)
(1) High-explosive dual purpose (HEDP) round. This round has an olive drab aluminum skirt with a steel cup attached, white markings, and a gold ogive; it penetrates at least 5 cm (2 inches) when fired straight at steel armor. It arms between 14 and 27 meters, and it causes casualties within a 5-meter radius (Figure 3-8).

23310018.gif

(2) High-explosive (HE) round. This round has an olive drab aluminum skirt with a steel projectile attached, gold markings, and a yellow ogive. It arms between 14 and 27 meters, and it produces a ground burst that causes casualties within a 5-meter radius (Figure 3-9).

23310019.gif

Last edited: