PDA

View Full Version : Is It embarassing...

Shock6822
10th Jun 2001, 08:19 PM
...that I was once #2 on ngstats in instagib and in the top 25 on DOM, but have never seen been a clan in my life?:boom:

The Dopefish
10th Jun 2001, 08:38 PM
I think with that kind of skill clans would be all over you.

Rooster
10th Jun 2001, 08:51 PM
Dopey, you should know better!

Stats don't always mean clan skills.

One could theorize that a player with a Top 10 stat isn't a good team player. Obviously he's trying to go for points.

I'm not saying this is the case - just a possibility.

Usually those that feel the need to point this out do so for a reason. :)

The Dopefish
10th Jun 2001, 08:54 PM
Well, one could also theorize that a top 10 player in LMS isn't a good team player... :rolleyes:

rhakka
10th Jun 2001, 10:08 PM
uh... yes, you could. quite easily in fact. BHS formed and one of the entrance requirements (loosely defined at first) was you had to be able to get top ten weekly worldstats in DOM to get in.

honestly, that worked up, cause it means you are proficient, yes. But we had a bitch of a time unlearning all the bad stat h0 habits we had. And there are scads and scads of players way better than anyone you see in the top ten of worldstats... hell our best players probably were never seen in the top 100 of any stats.

having a rocking worldstats means two things: 1. you aren't a *total* choad and 2. you play a hell of a lot. that's about it. There are plenty of top ten players out there I wouldn't even consider clanning with because they suck (relatively, in the clan world), and I'm not the best out there myself, not by a long, long shot.

The Dopefish
10th Jun 2001, 10:12 PM
Or it could mean you're an ElfBot user. :D

badmaninheaven
11th Jun 2001, 03:28 AM
Donkeys praise themselves .:D :D :D :D

Shock6822
13th Jun 2001, 11:27 PM
No, the one thing I dont like to do is stat whore...imo, screw the stats...UT is all about fun...I mean, why sit and camp or whatever when you could be running around, having a place and still 0wn the server up? :)

I_B_Bangin
14th Jun 2001, 12:00 AM
Someone is fishing! :D

OshadowO
14th Jun 2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Shock6822
...that I was once #2 on ngstats in instagib and in the top 25 on DOM, but have never seen been a clan in my life?:boom:
LOL you think that's bad? How's this. THe only two times in my life I've ever joined a clan, one in Starcraft, one in UT they both broke up a month after I joined. It seems I bring seeds of discord:D
Anyway Naw who cares about if you've been in a clan or not. Do you want to join one? If so that's different. But if you're fine soloing it why worry about it?