PDA

View Full Version : TKc Wins the 1st PuF Tourney!!

Rooster
10th Jun 2001, 05:14 PM
Great game LTh!!

Sorry the server wasn't great for Catalyst, but he kept his spirits up and that's the whole point!

First map, LTh chose Face][:
TKc Wins: 14 - 1 (http://www4.ut.ngworldstats.com/fcgi-bin/DisplayGame?gt=UT&gm=ctf&ip=209.83.223.253&port=7777&ts=992203205174)

Second map, TKc chose Lucius:
TKc Wins: 6 - 1 (http://www5.ut.ngworldstats.com/fcgi-bin/DisplayGame?gt=UT&gm=ctf&ip=209.83.223.253&port=7777&ts=992205260470)

Entire bracket (minus two teams) is availble here (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf/tourney.asp)

DeeperShade
10th Jun 2001, 05:16 PM
GG guys

Id sign up for the next one but they dont have the option for me to be cheerleader again...

The Dopefish
10th Jun 2001, 05:24 PM
Congrats, Ten Kucky-fied chicken! :D

I_B_Bangin
10th Jun 2001, 05:39 PM
GGs all!

Attached are demos from my point of view.

I SuK (http://users.rcn.com/briz9/PuFchampionship.zip)

BTW DeeperShade, you played a key role in helping us get to the finals. It sucked that we couldn't do a 5 on 5 for the finals, but you were good enough to sit and cheer us on, so we appreciate the fact that you put the team first. Thanks dude.

Rev.Whoopass
10th Jun 2001, 05:49 PM
gg's to all we played.
And gg's to our team!

eeeboy3
10th Jun 2001, 06:32 PM
May seem lame to some but I don't know how to watch the demo

I_B_Bangin
10th Jun 2001, 06:42 PM
Put the .dem files into your UT "system" folder, then load UT.

Hit the Tilde ~ key to bring up the system console

Type:

Demoplay NAME

with NAME being the dem name. Using mine as an example

Face2.dem would be "Demoplay Face2"

WiCkEdLiLD
10th Jun 2001, 08:36 PM
Once again, i'm sorry I wasnt' there to help in the first game LTh. :(

Kray
10th Jun 2001, 09:16 PM
So who's the star player?

WebSlinger
10th Jun 2001, 10:55 PM
and let's not forget the Deepershade Gold and Silver trophies for the Champions (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf/team.asp?id=8) and 2nd place winners (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf/team.asp?id=3) !!

OK, 2nd tourney will not begin for a while, I have to do feature adding and full bug testing on the tourney system before the next go around. Maybe the dust will have settled by then and people will be rarin'(sp?) to go!

Wish me LUCK and most importantly congratulations to all players!!!

]LoL[malkovich|mOO
10th Jun 2001, 10:59 PM
w00t ! thanx web ! very fun tourney , gg's all around ! except bangin , i cant believe that m0 actually caps sometimes ... :rolleyes: ... :D ... shirk ...

Robot TinMan|BuF
11th Jun 2001, 02:08 AM
Well, at least we lost our match to the tourny winners. ;)
Congrats d00d5!!

Morety
11th Jun 2001, 10:00 AM
Congrat's boyz :D

ThunderBirdUT
11th Jun 2001, 11:32 AM
Grrrrrrrr I wish I was with them.:(

Nope I am not of TKc...:(

It is great games!

I see the chart, TKc is great players! GOOD DAMN TEAMWORK!! :)

I want try vs them.. eh eh eh..:D

Congrats!
ThunderBirdUT
:instagib:

|H|Alarion
11th Jun 2001, 02:08 PM
Good work guys! Congrats

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF
11th Jun 2001, 08:48 PM
To all you noobs and average players... download those demos and watch them! It will be the best thing you can do to improve your skills!

Thanks for the demos guys... nothing like watching the master of defense (Roo) dominate a game!

Rooster a couple of questions...

1.) I saw you toss your weapon on a couple of occasions... is this to give weapons to teammates? I;ve never seen it happen before.. seems to make so much sense to me now though.

2.) You seemed to rarely be at full health. I always seem concerned about buffing up on health and armor... is this conscious? or are you just so damn hard to hit health doesn't matter to you?

3.) Any good (or bad ) strategy ploys you want to point out for those of us wanting to get better?

MOE

I_B_Bangin
11th Jun 2001, 09:12 PM
If you run low on ammo and there is no ammo around, throw your weapon and pick up a new one. Instant ammo! :D

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF
11th Jun 2001, 10:27 PM
Good point bangin! I hadn't thought of that. I was also surprised at the amount of ammo that Rooster went through. I'm not saying he was a spammer ;) but I frequently have this dillusion that great players hit every time they pull the trigger.

I'm re-watching the demos to see what other clues I can pick up.

MOE

P.S. Noobs also watch Banging's demos as they show a different, but equally effective style!

Rooster
11th Jun 2001, 10:42 PM
How about that storm tonight MOE? Any tornados near you?

Rooster a couple of questions...

1.) I saw you toss your weapon on a couple of occasions... is this to give weapons to teammates? I;ve never seen it happen before.. seems to make so much sense to me now though. Bangin' answered this. I often found I had only 1 or 2 shock ammo left. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING worse than going to complete a combo and all of a sudden you've got an enforcer.

2.) You seemed to rarely be at full health. I always seem concerned about buffing up on health and armor... is this conscious? or are you just so damn hard to hit health doesn't matter to you? Heh.. actually, the more time you spend hunting around for health - the less time you spend guarding your base. I never had time because Shai (especially) & 'Fect were always in our base. As a defender, you don't depend so much on powerups (armor) cause you're gonna respawn in the same area. A lot of people that play me come to the realization that you gotta kill me at least twice to get my flag. Normally though, I definitely stay healthed up (and armor if it's readily available (LavaGiant, Bollwerk)

3.) Any good (or bad ) strategy ploys you want to point out for those of us wanting to get better? Hrm.. well, learn the hammer/boot jump alias. That's probably the biggest change to the UT scene in the last year. It's the hardest to defend against and the jumper covers so much ground it's hard to get a 2nd chance at stopping him. As well, if you're offense, don't waste too time getting armed. Go take the enemies weapons & ammo! Defense, if you play outside your base, and die, you get to spawn (generally) inside the base, or at least closer to your flag than when you died, giving you another shot at the would-be flag carrier.

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF
11th Jun 2001, 11:37 PM
That storm was for REAL! I was on 394 and 100 when the hail hit. Fortunately I got home (50th and 100) without any real damage. I heard the southern burbs (as usual) got hit pretty hard... aren't you south of the river? No tornados here.... how about down south?

1.) that ammo thing makes too much sense for me to use it ;)

2.) That's a great attitude... I gotta turn my NG stats off agin so I stop caring about dying :(

3.) Hammer jump boot alias? OhOh looks like I need another demo... :) Please Please Please

MOE

I_B_Bangin
12th Jun 2001, 12:15 AM
If any n00bs watch my demos, I was offense on Face][, so my job was basically to make lots of flag grabs and keep the deffense busy. Without good middle coverage on Face][ it is tough to get home and cap.

On lucius, I was pretty much a support guy. I basically did whatever was needed depending on what people were saying on Battle Com. If one of our guys had the flag I would try to cover him, if our flag was grabbed I might try to get the carrier. So you won't see many flag grabs on that map.

Rev.Whoopass
12th Jun 2001, 12:46 AM
i have a couple demos......these are from one of the previous matches http://members.home.net/panacea8/hhk.zip

this one is face][ from the championship match

http://members.home.net/rev.whoopass/tkc_face.zip

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF
12th Jun 2001, 01:41 PM
Thanks Whoopass! I'll take a look at these tonight when I get home! Any chance there is a Hammer Jump Boot alias example in your demos?

I have no idea what that is by Roo mentioned it and now I feel compelled to figure out what it is and when to use it. ;)

MOE

Morety
12th Jun 2001, 02:45 PM
MOE, you know how to do an impact hammer jump?

Now, try doing one with the boots on. It'll take you from the flag in bollwerk pretty damn close to the doorway.

Good in lavagiant too. You can jump from the lava walkways right up to the top walkways.

Orbital, leaving the enema's armour/amp room, if you turn backwards going out the exit, and do an ih jump with the boots on, it will take you to your own entrance in just that one jump.

I_B_Bangin
13th Jun 2001, 12:20 AM
I don't think I used any boot jumps in either map. Rev may have used a couple on Lucius.

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF
13th Jun 2001, 12:28 PM
ok sorry I do know what a hammer/boot jump is... I was so focused on the word "alias" that I didn't even think... (shocking isn't it? ;))

I think I spend to much time worrying about others with "keybinds" I have/use none becuase I'm too lazy to go to cleaner's site and set myself up. :)

I already don't have enough time to play, so when I do get time I wanna just.... well play.

Thanks again for the demos guys they are really helpful.

MOE