poly's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

combitz

Common sense is not that common
May 1, 2000
U.K
combitz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
My map already counts 280 poly's in places and its nowhere near finished. anyone got any ideas how to lower the count. I need to place about 60 windows each contains 10 poly's visable at any one time:. only 15 windows viewable @ anytime:. Or can my map have 500 polys and still run smooth with 32 players? Obviously people with slower machines will not be able to play it but it really needs the detail to make it play right.:rolleyes:

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
You can add semi-solids to lower node-count and possibly do merge-poly's on some brushes, but more importantly, why does each window have to have 10 polys? Isn't there some way to simplify the window's design to have less? Maybe not.

Oh and 500 polys with 23 guys.....not only will slower machines choke on that, so will mid-level machines. You're designing for the elite...sniff..and forgetting about the little guys...:(

Sounds like an ambitious map tho'

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
well 500 nodes, 350 polys, with 6 player models is enough to choke a piii 866 so i'd try for finding ways of blocking view, if possible

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Try intersecting some brushes with coplanar polys because Merging can be done in separate brushes..no inter-merging is possible.

Also these polys must have the same texture with the same alignment. (Wall, Floor...) If they don't necessarily have different textures and/or alignment then make them the same and merge them together.