INF needs blood trails!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
Imagine shooting a guy with your ak but not quite killing him. You are forced to reload, but he ran away badly hurt.. Hmm where did he go? ahh hunt his ass follow the trail and finish him!!! w00t.

Or Your hurt badly so lead your oppent into a trap useing ur own blood hehe. O ya baby INF needs blood trails. Whos with me?

Sorry if this has been posted before I dont keep up with forums much.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
definitely needs trails and death from bleeding...

and another thing when you get hit your aim isn't affected much or at all... say you're setting up to snipe some1 and they spot you and shoot you once or twice, your aim should jerk around like crazy on the impact of the bullets.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the inf. team has been planning this...remember back some time ago before inf 2.85 was released? They were making a bandaging system, but it was too buggy or something and wasn't released...

so with that in mind, I'd bet that at one point inf team had entrance wounds, exit wounds, blood...etc etc etc...

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

it should wait until U2 when you could have a good partical system for blood. imagine a little spurt of blood coming out of someone else's back and landing with a little splat on the floor. with the particals it could be done in an actual trail of blood not a line of spite puddles.

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
Sorry, but a TRUE particle system is not feasible for todays hardware in real time, which is what you are describing. Doing things which entail long lines of a specific texture (ie blood trails, smoke trials, etc) will be done with textured sprites or some other lower cost solution for some time. At best they can make sprites which are more complicated and made to interconnect to give the illusion of coherant trails (which I might add is completely possible, and wouldn't be that hard for the INF team to do).

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
*ahem*

thats why I said "until U2" anything can happen in that span of time from now until that. Remember how long it took for Unreal to come out even though it had some good looking screanshots early on? About 4 years if I remember correctly. Hey we might have a GeForce4 with 2.5 gigahertz machines. It would be possible then.

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
No, U2 will not have a TRUE particle system. I've been a graphics programmer for 5 years, and I can honestly say we are at least 3 years away from having that kind of hardware. Particle systems which are worth a damn are extremely processor intensive, and yeild polycounts that simply are unthinkable by today's latest hardware. The term particle system as defined by most people defines using textures to give the look of higher poly counts (like the muzzle flashes in INF). What you are talking about is a true particle system which is used to simulate fluids, which I might add don't entirely look right without using at least a dumbed down raytracer.

Yea, it'd be cool to be able to do that but unfortunately we just don't have the means to simulate that level of detail with particle systems yet.

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Well back to the topic

I would like to see blood trails in INF. When I play offline I use a mutator called bloodtrailsII and you can get it at modsquad I think. Anyways if you health is below a certain level you leave bloody footprints. The only thing I would change is make it small bloody splotches.

Eid

Just a guy
Mar 14, 2001
Re: Well back to the topic

Originally posted by /=-
I would like to see blood trails in INF. When I play offline I use a mutator called bloodtrailsII and you can get it at modsquad I think. Anyways if you health is below a certain level you leave bloody footprints. The only thing I would change is make it small bloody splotches.

Yeah back in the days before I discovered Inf I always had the blood trails on. It was good to hunt someones ass down.

I am also into the idea of if my health is below a certain amount I have to bandage up otherwise I could die of my wounds...

Eid

Eid

Just a guy
Mar 14, 2001
Originally posted by BIG_MONKEY_JR
I played a game where when you got shot, your footprints were blood, now what game was that? I forget.

Could be many, I believe Rainbow 6 does it, as does a mod for UT, I am sure there are more...

Eid

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
The Serious Sam engine had some good particle systems. Its not a true particle engine, but as long as it looks good enough no one will complain. Do people complain because in real life a person's face is smooth and yet the Inf player models have polygons for faces? We can't have perfection, but we can get close enough that you won't notice too much of a difference.