Hi-res Unreal Championship goodness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
http://www.unrealchampionship.com/gallery.html

*GAWP*

shot0016b.jpg

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
apparently it will be using a controller :( they did say however that it will be fully customisable, i dunno though, guess u would have 2 see for urself cause every1 has differing tastes. Quake 2 on the playstation 1 was ok with a control pad-but also really infriating sumtimes.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
If no one buys the Xbox(which seems likely given what the system actually is) then the chances of the game making it to our PC's will greatly increase. If the Xbox does really well they will sit on this game until the sales go down... or until whatever agreement with MS expires.

In order for the Xbox to do well it has to survive in Asia... which is an uphill battle even for MS.

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
Don't worry about having to use a controller for UC. Microsoft has already said that they're going to have a mouse and keyboard.

Of course it will probably cost an arm and a leg for both. :hmm:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've got to tell you. If these screenshots are the real stuff (ie not faked somehow by MS :)), then count me as highly impressed. The DC and PS2 UT versions look positively pale by comparison.

Granted the other console UT versions where just rushed conversions, but DE looks to be doing their usual great job on UC.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Being a console junky, I've already paid for the Xbox and have even taken time off work so when it comes in I can grab it, some beer, and sit down and play some fun games.

Personally, I think that console games simply have a different feel than pc games. (not including games that are worked over from PC to console)

I don't think the xbox will find PCs it's competition...if that was the case the Playstation/N64/DC would all have been out of business. Every console that's come out has been pretty damn expensive.

Just because the xbox will finally have near pc quality games on it doesn't mean that it will find the PC it's competition...rather, people with low-end pc's (like myself PIII-450, 256megs ram, GeForce MX) will lean towards purchasing a nice console to buying an entire new computer...which...might even be obsolete by the time U2 comes out.

Sooo...I'm all for the xbox, I wish it luck...and I wish the DC had suceeded. But now I'm just ranting. :)

Onward marching soldier.

-I_AM{skullface}

pacman

Jun 2, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Money's in the Bank

The X-Box will be mine (gonna treat myself for working so hard this year).

Logitech has an X-Box mouse. You can't use PC mouse/keyboard as the USB on X-Box are slightly different to those found on the PC.

Downtown
If no one buys the Xbox (which seems likely given what the system actually is) then the chances of the game making it to our PC's will greatly increase. Sorry I disagree, I think the X-Box will be a great success.

As for the game appearing on the PC, I can see it happening although it wouldn't make sense to flood the PC scene with to many similar games, unreal 2 etc.

I_AM{skullface}
mmm, another DC fan, I'm not alone then, Crazy Taxi 2, yeah baby

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Re: Money's in the Bank

Originally posted by pacman
Logitech has an X-Box mouse. You can't use PC mouse/keyboard as the USB on X-Box are slightly different to those found on the PC.

1 point there: if the XBox mice are going to be unique, Logitech can ask insane prices for those things, as I don't expect those things to become a big market. (i.e. much concurrence) :mad:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Re: Money's in the Bank

Originally posted by pacman
Downtown
If no one buys the Xbox (which seems likely given what the system actually is) then the chances of the game making it to our PC's will greatly increase. Sorry I disagree, I think the X-Box will be a great success.

isn't that why he said IF?