PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial request post

Postal
5th Jun 2001, 10:37 AM
Do you want a tutorial on someting?

My mind is blank on tutorial ideas, so if you suggest something I can write about and have some knowledge about, I may jsut make a tutorial on it.

Smoke39
5th Jun 2001, 09:55 PM
Oh! I know, I know! Pick me, pick MEEEE!! Uh........ make a tutorial about how to............. On second though, never mind, anything I could think of would probably be a bit simple for an entire tutorial. Oh wait! Make a tutorial on make walls be invisible! Yeah! So you could make, like, a sniper rifle, that would shoot through walls, and when you zoom in, the walls get all seethrough-like! Yeah, do I get a prize for suggesting a tutorial?

Bartholomew's Big Brown Bumpy Ball Bounced Beneath Blue Bologna By Bugles Bugled By Buglers Before Bob's Birthday! Haw, beat that!

Postal
6th Jun 2001, 07:32 AM
Chrimic has a tut on shooting thru walls

I have seen planety of threories of how so have a zoom that goes thru walls, but for the work it, would not be worth it.
and it would be easier just to set up a hud lik ehte u4e railgun

Smoke39
6th Jun 2001, 06:59 PM
Ew! The u4e railgun is poopy! I've done some research on railguns and I seriously doubt that they sound like a little "yewawawawawawa............" (Did they change it? The last version I played was sorta old...) Anyway, I've seen the Chimeric tutorial on shooting through walls, but the locational dammage one was more useful to me. Okay, if I think of anything, I shall rewuest it here.

Beware the bugling buglers!

Postal
7th Jun 2001, 11:20 AM
coil gun i have messed wsith made a hum, thena thump

electrostatic discharge launchers made a hum then a loud ozone crack

Smoke39
7th Jun 2001, 07:51 PM
I wish I knew how to spell my Post Subject correctly. Anyway, it's a railgun, not a coil gun. They are two different things altogether. A coil gun is like, yeah, and a railgun uses that thing. Uh, I need to look at that article again, but it uses some thingy the name of which I cannot remember. Dah! Oh well, beat the bloated banana with beaf.

Graeme
8th Jun 2001, 10:22 AM
how about a HUD tutorial?

DeeperShade
14th Jun 2001, 11:59 AM
How about a combined tutorial

Modelling,
Texturing,
Animating,
Coding,
Anything else

As far as im aware there is not such thing for a weapon :)

Postal
15th Jun 2001, 06:58 PM
great idea deeper shade, but one flaw

I have no idea how to model(cept with autocad, but i cant get it to export to 3ds)
texturing, no idea how to do that
nope I cant animate

but I can code

Postal
15th Jun 2001, 07:00 PM
hmm thats an idea, perhaps a postrender tutorial

Graeme
15th Jun 2001, 09:40 PM
that's a good idea, DeeperShade

maybe a modeler and coder could work together on something like that?

Postal
15th Jun 2001, 11:02 PM
All I know is modelers avoid me like the plague.

Only couple I know only know how to model for Half-Life.

Smoke39
15th Jun 2001, 11:58 PM
I modeled for HL and Milk Shape can export dirrectly to .3d, so there! Non need for that funky 3ds2unreal. And you know what else? I know how to skin using MS3D! And animate! AND MS3D costs only $20 dollars to register! Beat dat! Too bad I don't know the exec blahs and why 3ds2unreal creates 2 (two) files from one and all that hoopla. Then I'd be making all kinds of funkyness, like a good railgun, or some o' my ninja weapons for my ninja mutator. Aw poop...

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
16th Jun 2001, 06:50 AM
I also want to write a tutorial... I also don't know what to say in it.

Postal
16th Jun 2001, 07:30 AM
If you write up a tutorial, and if it can be read, most likly we will put it up

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
16th Jun 2001, 06:44 PM
Cool.

EvilDrWong
16th Jun 2001, 10:28 PM
Someone should write up a tutorial on how to gradient the lights in UT, like. from one color to another. Im having all kinds of trouble with it, and it would be so neat if someone else could help me figure it out.

Postal
17th Jun 2001, 08:18 PM
its been done before, but I have no idea how, I do have code for lights that shut off when theres no power.

DeeperShade
17th Jun 2001, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Smoke39
I modeled for HL and Milk Shape can export dirrectly to .3d, so there! Non need for that funky 3ds2unreal. And you know what else? I know how to skin using MS3D! And animate! AND MS3D costs only $20 dollars to register! Beat dat! Too bad I don't know the exec blahs and why 3ds2unreal creates 2 (two) files from one and all that hoopla. Then I'd be making all kinds of funkyness, like a good railgun, or some o' my ninja weapons for my ninja mutator. Aw poop...

It mades two files. Filename_d.3d and Filename_a.3d. The _d file is the data file. This contains all the stuff about your model. The _a file is the animation file. This contains all the information about the animations (duh :p)

Its not just 3ds2unr that does that. All 3ds - 3d convertors do it... UT needs the two .3d files otherwise it'll get annoyed and not do anything.

Smoke39
18th Jun 2001, 12:52 AM
I know, I just read about that. MS3D is being mean though and saying "You seem to have registered after this snarphoo has expired! Run da program for at the smallest amount twoo minuteses to finish and complete da registration process thingy!" Argh it! I'm glad school's almost over...

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
18th Jun 2001, 01:00 AM
Is there any need for another basic mutator tutorial?

Would anyone like to know how I made Target Hunt?
(Nali spawn around the level, you have to get them with the instagib rifle but they disappear a second after you spot them)

I would like to write a tutorial that starts from a basic mutator and adds more and more to it.

Someone emailed me asking how to get a weapon into the game... anyone want to know that? In particular, how to change/replace the enforcer or something similar?

Postal
18th Jun 2001, 09:40 AM
sure will will take a target hunt tutorial

look at the dm mute, is has code for replacing weapons