Cheaters and aimbots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
I just posted it on the suggestion forum. I made a paste&cut just to be sure more people can access it.

Cheaters and aimbots
I have just read that from olders posts (just discovered Dreamtactics and his blacklist): lots of people cheating and more than we thought ? So, I am really sad. Now some people told that it is impossible for a server to block such aimbots. I just want to propose something but please, take in account that I don't understand nothing to coding or else. It is just an idea I give and I would like to know if it is appliable or not.

Would it be possible for a server to trace the historic of the player ? (I think it is). Then what about to check his performance ? I mean a guy who killed 8 people with a shot in the head, straight in a row and do the same again an again in each round could mean there is some problem, no ?
Would it be then possible to ban/kick this guy from this historic ? If we cannot prevent it maybe we can cure it...
The guy could come in futures plays with other names&IP's, after 3 or 4 rounds of checking he would be banned/kicked again...and will never be able to play a full match.

Could this be a solution for cheating? I hope some expert coder can answer that.

Note: for the performance historic, a lot of parameters could be taken in account. I don't go deeper because it is not my domain. I only propose a post-cheating measure.

That's all fooooolks!

See yooouuuuuuuu.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Cross topic is not allowed !
I was forced to delete the one in the new version suggestion.

Don't worry you msg can be viewed without having to crosspost !
clin.gif

Kisen_K

S&M Airlines
May 12, 2000
Norway
rullings.com
But you deleted my reply aswell DB...

Anyways what I were saying:

99.9 % of the cheats are being blocked out of INF in this new version... (according to the team)

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Why ?

Is it because of the number of post. Is there some sort of competition about who has the highest number of posts ? I don't care about it, you can erase my counter if you want, I am too old for that. I just posted it twice to be sure the right person will be able to read it and because cheaters only deceives themselves. If they cheat in a virtual game, they are certainly loosers in real life...poor little things, I have some compassion for them here, lol, KICK THESE BASTARDS. That's all.

Note: maybe old (well, I don't know the average here) but getting fun from the game, it is quite relaxing when I have a pause in work or afterwork ;-).

Mmmhh, are you french ? Ca fait un peu rococo nationaliste ton logo
:-D

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Kisen, are you sure of that ? Look at the post of So_silencer, it looks grim to me:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=40278&perpage=30&pagenumber=3

And this morning I have seen a guy making a superman jump&firing. Well, in fact it could have been the blow of a nade that pushed him up in the sky but the fact is that he was still alive after the nade exploded and some shots I fired to him... So I wonder...

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Kisen, sorry I was deleting just while you was replying. I didn't knew you replied to it. Sorry
sad.gif

it is not becausd of the post count. Try to imagine what is happend if everyone cross post ! We will have a bloody mess !

Don't worry You post WILL be saw in the genreal forum. Our board are very very active. Try to have a look at the view counter !

T'es français ?

Well is not really rococo nationalist, the flag background is bright and easyly saw. I chose this color because very few french people are here. About The nationalist part according to you, I see more than a partriotic thing
clin.gif

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
Madwoffen it isn't that grim. I just wanted to make sure we didn't run into a "cshp" syndrom. This is when people refuse to believe that anybody could possibly be cheating since there is a cheat protection program. Basically I wanted to make sure everybody realised that cheat protection programs aren't perfect, there are ALWAYS ways around them.

Luckily they DO make it more difficult. On a server with CSHP it is less likely to find a cheater, but nobody should ever rule out the possibility because that possibility IS there. I just wanted to make sure everybody knew that it was ok to relax a bit but it wasn't ok to close your eyes and go to sleep.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Just to satisfy my curiosity, you seem able to answer to my question: Is this kind of short-historic traceability viable as an anti-cheat system or not ?

Thx for the answer...

Note: for the french guy of the forum, it would be like to check the level of hematocryte of cyclists...

:D