Round End Bug when player leaves-DEMOREC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
http://www.buswerks.com/mufweb/tiebug.zip

This is a demorec .dem file showing the round end bug when someone leaves the game. It abruptly ends the round without a timer thus changing the possible outcome of that round. Within the demorec this happens twice.

Note: This demorec was created on DM-INF-Azteca, I'm not sure but I do believe you may need this map before viewing the demo.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM

People don't usually leave but you can bet people drop connection. Ask anyone who actually plays in these games and they will confer there is usually one person or two that loose their connection during these matches from either team. That is just out of our control and unfortunately the game throws its hands up when someone does and says forget it... the rounds over.

WizBiz

GHOST Commander
Apr 28, 2000
USA
ghost.clanpages.com
I may be wrong, but doesn't it only happen when the last player timer kicks in? If so, maybe we will have to talk the ILCR into getting rid of it (last-player timer) until the next patch comes out.

MC Cold Killer

Mar 27, 2001
this is a serious bug, that doesn't seem to get much attention. It could cause serious problems in clan matches. just think, your playing a best of 15 round match and one or two of the rounds ends prematurely... now your final score is not accurate. then what? you play only two more rounds and manually add up the score? then i can see people arguing over how many rounds were ended prematurely or whether they were actually ending prematurely. then the match goes into arbitration, and the abritrator has to go through demo records etc... just a big headache.

MC Cold Killer
Clinic Administrator
Clan RU486 www.clanru486.com

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
I agree with Gnat and Cold Killer, this is definately one of the most] important issues with the .5 patch. I've seen MANY more people drop out of .5 servers than .3. I've dropped many times in .5. This could potentially lead to complex and drawn out arbitration in matches.

Example: Team A is up 4 people to 1 in a round and then someone drops, team A wins the round, but guess what - they have to replay the round due to the dropped player. Later (after team B discovers A's tactics) team B barely gets by A in the make up round. They end up winning a round that should most likely go to team A. Sad thing is, this could likely happen more than once during a 15 round match and alter who is the victor.

This bug is common, if you wonder why a round ends suddenly when you're still alive and the timer hasn't gone off - aha! this bug struck again!