Need more legal advice about the hit and run

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
A lady called about the hit and run, but didn't leave a name. She on left a 1-800 number. I am guessing that it is the a$$hole's insurance company. What kind of questions should I exspect or should I even talk to them at all?

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
i would suggest you contact a lawyer before calling her. perhaps even have the lawyer call for you. the person who hit you deserves to be sued, as it was a hit and run. you should make sure you do everything properly.

chundah

Skillet
Mar 21, 2001
Visit site
Billy, do not speak to jerk's insurance company or to anyone else who's connected with him about this incident. Advise your friend to do the same. Be aware that whatever you say may be used as evidence against you. This isn't paranoia, just jurisprudence.

If you are entitled to free legal representation use it. Your legal rep will ensure that all contact with jerk and his insurance company goes through their office, which means no more hassle for you at home.

Finally, don't worry!

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
chundah's right.
u know the lawyers in Angel, Wolfram & Hart? Well, real lawyers don't truck around with demons, but they are just as underhanded. Don't speak with them. If they call you and you pick up the phone, don't tell them anything.
They are quite capable of asking you how you are in a way that sounds like smalltalk -- if you were to say, smalltalk too 'not too bad' -- BANG! that's evidence.
see?
Ask them who they are, and why they are calling you. Then say you've been advised not to speak to them directly, say goodbye and hang up.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Yup - makes sense to me. I remember a case of someone who fell over outside a disco, due to faling over the DJ's wires. the DJ was very helpful and sympathetic ... even gave her a handful of records as gesture of his good will.

she accepted. BIG MISTAKE.

She had just legally waived her right to claim further compensation because she had already accepted stuff.

Take care:)

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
One of my family's wiser mottos: "If it's true, don't sue."

Lawsuits suck. As a lot of celebrities seem to be finding out recently. I mean, the trade union type thing for clowns is worried about people suing clowns for covering their suits with custard pie. That has got to be wrong. I will not admit that that is justice.

Of course, a hit and run is pretty safe. But be careful. :/