Playing against Bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkoth

Apr 2, 2001
Massachusetts USA
Hello if anyone knows how to get all the bots on to 1 team and have all the players be able to be on 1 team let me know. I have already tried going into the infiltrationuser.ini file and changing all the bot teams to 1 to get them on team 1. Can anyone give me an overview of the process or maybe I missed a step but they still join my team to even them out even if team autobalance is off. My friend and I just want to kick some bot ass without having to wait for the last bot on our team to die. Any help would be appreciated.

Curly

May 24, 2001
Athens, Ohio, USA
Visit site
On the INF main screen you press the teams button. There u can make new teams. It's pretty easy to figure out. Just create a new team and add as many bots as you want. Then make a team with no bots on it so you can go solo. Then go to the game screen and make sure balance teams is unchecked. At the bottom right you can select which teams to play with. Select the one with bots and the one with no bots, one on team a and one on team b. Above that select which team u want to play on. If the botless team is on team alpha the move the slider to team a. Then ur all set.

Darkoth

Apr 2, 2001
Massachusetts USA
thanks but I do not think this works

That only works if you are playing single player and not multiplayer on a LAN or Internet. Is there anyway you know of to get the bots to get all on one team and have several human players on one team without the bots jumping onto both teams?

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Okay, here's a screen capture of my settings used in my last LAN game:

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
*You MUST edit the correct section of your InfiltrationUser.ini file. I don't understand why, but a lot of ppl edit the wrong section. Open your InfiltrationUser.ini file with notepad. It is located in \Unrealtournament\System\. Scroll all the way down until you see InfiltrationUT.InfBotInfo in brackets. In that section you will see a bunch of lines that say BotTeams. These are keys. The keys have an equals sign after them with the values associated with them. Edit all the BotTeams keys in the InfiltrationUT.InfBotInfo section and set all the values to 1. This will make all the bots start on the Blue team.

*Make sure the game type is INF -Team Game

*Make sure the Balance Teams box is not checked

If you do everything correctly it will work.

Darkoth

Apr 2, 2001
Massachusetts USA
Thanx one more question

Thank you for the reply DLL I believe I was the person who asked this question previously as well. I tried your previous answer about setting all the 0s to 1s and what not. What I found instead of 0s and 1s were 1s and 255s as well as a few 0s at that particular section in the INI file. So I tried changing all the 1s 0s and 255s to 1s and this did not seem to work. Have you seen these 255s in there as well? Should I be leaving them alone?

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
If you see 255's then you are in the wrong section.

The section must be labeled InfiltrationUT.InfBotInfo. Not something close to that or something that looks like that. It has to say InfiltrationUT.InfBotInfo exactly. Read my post again and follow the instructions very carefully. The Infiltration.InfBotInfo section does not have the 255 values.