Error: Cannot find D:\system\window.dll

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nezumi

Jun 3, 2001
Help!

I went to reinstall Unreal Tournament and when I put in the CD I got this error: Error: cannot find D:\system\window.dll, file is corrupt.. (D being my CD-ROM drive). I tried going into explorer and running setup.exe from there but it gives me the same error. The disc is scratched (don't remember when that happened
:p ), I tried cleaning using the Scratch Doctor CD Repair thingy and using plain old rubbing alchohol, still doesn't work. Do I really have to drop another $40 for the game? Can someone please help? I do have a CD-R so if someone were to e-mail me window.dll maybe I could figure something out. As far as I know that is the only file that is messed up.
My system is a 663 mhz Celeron with 64mb of RAM, nVIDIA Riva/TNT2 32mb 3d card.

Thanks,

nezumi

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Hmm. UT:GOTYE is only $20 bucks nowadays (the game being old and all), and about the file... You have standard UT, not GOTYE, right? If you have GOTYE I can send you my window.dll file off of my CD.