I can't play UT online

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Extermin8r

May 22, 2001
washington state
Visit site
Ok I don't know what the hell is going on. I stopped playing UT for two days and I start playing today and now I can't play online. I have tried reconnecting to my ISP and starting the game over and restarting my comp... but nothing's working. I have dial-up, and my 56k connects at like 38000 (that's a whole other story) I used to get sub-par pings (like 300) but it was still playable. Now when I'm in the game I get the red disconnected icon and I can't pick up anything. I can shoot but nothing happens. It even says I have like 250-300 ping but it's not letting me play. Help! I'm sick of playing bots!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Maybe your ISP has gone nutz.

Hit F6. Do you get packetloss? PL is the 2nd source of lag besides ping and even worse. 100% will let you run around but do nothing

DEATHLRD

The Game don't wait
Dec 5, 2000
PL sucks

Packet Loss is so much worse that high pings. I used to play on a 56k modem with pings from 250-500 and it would be tough but I could adjust and still do pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't have cable or dsl available so we tried Sprint Broadband (ISDN) and it is the worst sh*t I've ever seen. One second I have 100 ping, the next, 2000. Totally inconsistent. On face I can't walk from my own base to the other without all of the sudden skipping off the ledge. I won't even play from my house anymore. It is too damn frustrating. I have to go downtown to an internet cafe to play.

Extermin8r

May 22, 2001
washington state
Visit site
ok i'm trying to enclose a pic and it won't let me so i'll just explain. i hit f6 and it said packet loss was 0% and netspeed was 0. WTF, I can't even play it online but it is saying my netspeed is 0. anyone ever seen this problem? oh btw, there still is a constant red disconnect icon.