What should I start doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
I'm probably going to buy a [enter name] for dummies bookso I learn something new.

I was planning on getting one for PSP7 but I couldn't find it so I was thinking of Photoshop5.5 but...

I want to learn something that has to do with the Internet so, from what I know, they have the foloowing at the store

Flash5
HTML4
Javascript
Dreamweaver4

I want to learn something that is actually afordable.
Or do you know of somehting else I should try to learn?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Photoshop is a difficult program. Especially the latest version 6.0 isn't to be underestimated.
If you're a graphics designer, yes, then i'd choose photoshop.

KixAhhz

Banned
May 4, 2001
itcam.filetap.com
Try paintshop pro instead

It's a much cheaper program yet it lets you utilize your Adobe photoshop plug-ins, and those are what really makes photoshop shine..the program itself is complicated and not very user friendly for someone just trying to learn....not to mention way to damn expensive. Flash is a fun program to mess around with too. I've made a couple small flash animations..seems to be a very powerful little animation tool while still being easy to start learning ...there are alot of functions I haven't had a reason to use yet ..just did simple movement of objects and chaing of backgrounds set to music.:)

KixAhhz

Banned
May 4, 2001
itcam.filetap.com
hmmm

Well man I got both proggy's and PSP is by far the onea person just trying to learn graphics programs should use..I look at that pixelated MR.T and hope it isnt an exaple of something done in photoshop lol...here's something I did this morning in PSP..given the character isnt "mine" they are cartoon characters ..

While its true photoshop is a better program ..I find I can do damn near anything in pSP that I can do in photoshop...like I said all the plug-ins are interchangeable....and given the cost vrs. ease of use issues associated with learning adobe programs in general..and photoshop in particular..the choice for a beginner is definetly PSP

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Photoshop isn't newbie friendly, afcourse :) like i said, don't underestimate it. Take your time learning it AND DON'T START USING 6.0.
I worked with 4.0, then 5.5 and 6.0
I prefer using 5.5 though..

Btw call me a bastard, but.. ok it's insane, i don't have a full time job yet, i can't afford programs like illustrator and photoshop, but I NEED THEM. Cause i'm still following a 2 year course, learning these programs. :/ what's a guy to do? Adobe should lower their prices, this is insane!

:) Damn computer is expensive enough as it is.
NOt to mention everything else.

Know what? Use paint! :D And microsoft photo editor.
2 elite programs :D

KixAhhz

Banned
May 4, 2001
itcam.filetap.com
ahhhh no anything but that......

/me runs away at the sight of someone opening Paint...they oughta just make a deal with gimp if they wanna put in a cheap/free graphics proggy cause man you and I both know how fantastic PAINT is :Poop:

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
Do everyone here thiks i'm a newbie at photo editing?
I started off with 5.5 and went to PSP7 because it is just better.
I have both.

But what I want is mostly soemthing to create websites.