PDA

View Full Version : Life lesson!

\\P/\X/\2001//
1st Jun 2001, 09:15 PM
I've been playing UT since the first month it came out. Became my favorite game since! And I love it that way!!! =)

I was livin it good, :sniper: sniping in my blue tower, when some old fart started to shoot me :enforcer: with double enforcers! I feel of the tower [But I was too good to die like that]:D So I :trans: to the reddemer platform!:p Little did I know that when I turned around, the flag carrier :blueflag: was there! Armed with a :sniper: ! I died right there. And I just stood there dead for a few seconds thinking: "This was one of the funiest life lessons I ever had." - True facts! The sniper got sniped! This happened when UT had been released about 8 months, I though I was the best UT player out there, of corse I'm not. [But I'm gooooooooood] =):D

One question! Does anyone in this forsken world has a UT playable model of the skaarj trooper from Unreal1?
[The one with the bouncing long hair, & claws predator like]

Jancaz Bru
1st Jun 2001, 09:30 PM
I learn the same thing every day :)

8-4-7-2
1st Jun 2001, 11:59 PM
What you mean is the Skaarj WARRIOR and not the Trooper :)
Download Bonuspack 1 from http://www.planetunreal.com/files

What I learned it that every newbies started on Face before moving to real maps :D

The Dopefish
2nd Jun 2001, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by \\P/\X/\2001//
One question! Does anyone in this forsken world has a UT playable model of the skaarj trooper from Unreal1?
[The one with the bouncing long hair, & claws predator like]

Don't listen to 84. He's been out of his mind since Voyager ended. ;)

Rather, download OldSkool. Not only is it a mod that gives you all the U1 weapons and powerups, but, if you have U1, allows you to play those maps, their music, and use the models.

(Sorry, no link available. I just simply can't be arsed. :))

But you'll be hard pressed to finding a server with the mod run 24/7. :(

-[BHS]-Firewall
2nd Jun 2001, 12:25 AM
Consider the lessons games like UT actually teach:

1) Good mobility skills cause one of the first things a player learns in a fps is to keep moving. A stationary dude is a dead dude.

2) If you ever get a rocket launcher, you'll know never to shoot it in close quarters.

3) Violence doesn't solve everything (they kill you before you kill them), but it's one helluva tool as long as you're not the dead one.

4) Real life is way to violent. UT helps us cope with this problem by desensitizing us.

5) If you ever walk into a dark alley, you'll be ready for the camping scum.

6) UT creates a good habit of constantly looking over your back. Paranoia? I don't think so you're just making sure no one's following you.

8-4-7-2
2nd Jun 2001, 12:36 AM
/me slaps the Dopefish around a bit with a big large Dopefish!

He said "hair". The Trooper does not have hair! :)
OldSkool rocks tho