PDA

View Full Version : Wonder why...

Synastren
1st Jun 2001, 07:59 PM
I wonder why there aren't any UT Mods (that I've really heard of) based on any RPG games (other than Unreal Craft, but that's RTS)? Or books?
Out in those worlds, there are very good ideas out there. A couple of examples would be Final Fantasy Tactics and Brigandine. If you've ever played either of those games, you'd know what I'm talking about. And books.
Ever read any books by Terry Goodkind, or David and Leigh Eddings? Great books, that would make great mods/games.
Ok, I'm done griping.

Postal
2nd Jun 2001, 09:50 PM
There was once a online rpg i have played, i forget the name.

I realy loved it, its didnt have a story, but it had a nice premise, it was set in a post apolicatlic future, where people acted like the old rpg. There were the stone golems(old battle robots), fire spells(napalm grenades), heal spells(med kits), and so forth. It was fun, too bad it didnt last. Kights were decendents of solders, wwearing old radiation suits and battle armor, the mages were readig magic books(old chemestry school books) on so forth, i loved that game.

Synastren
13th Jun 2001, 07:21 PM
A few other good ones would be Dragon Warrior, Zelda (that'd be different... but to go off of the deep end, try a Pokemon UT mod... that'd be... strange...), and Fallout.
Comments?

Kangus
14th Jun 2001, 12:42 AM
heh.... Dragonwarrior UT... that would be wierd.... Zelda would only work in 3rd person though

Smoke39
14th Jun 2001, 01:00 AM
Zelda would be cool. I'm thinking about a ninja mutator right now, though. The hardest part will be special moves (flips, climbing walls, etc.).

Synastren
14th Jun 2001, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Smoke39
I'm thinking about a ninja mutator right now, though.
As a matter of fact, there's a mod for Half Life called Age of the Ninja (I think...).
It has 3 classes... Ninjas, Samauris, and Ronins... and has real world melee weapons... and, get this: It's a H-L mod that'll be in 3rd person!

Smoke39
16th Jun 2001, 12:06 AM
All I've heard of for HL are Ninja HL and Bushido, but NHL doesn't update their site often. Mine's gonna have Ninja-Tos, Shaken, Shuriken, Darts, Bows, blah blah blah. Maybe even a katana that slices people in half! But fisrt I gotta figure out how to make models, custom player skins, other funkyness, stuff, AND cheese!

EvilDrWong
16th Jun 2001, 10:34 PM
There was a zelda mod in the works. But Nintendo shut them down before they could get any substantial work done.

Kangus
16th Jun 2001, 11:49 PM
damned corporate foxing.....
*gets his flak cannon and calls forth the snotbunnies*
Time to march!

Smoke39
17th Jun 2001, 02:38 AM
My QBS is FAR more powerful than you PUNY flak cannon! Just be sure to leave Miyamoto alone on your enraged rampage, okay?

Neuroflare
21st Jun 2001, 11:53 PM
I always thought a Dragon Ball/Z/GT mod would be cool. I thought that when I get good enough with UScript I would make a Medieval Japan mod with the most experienced being the shogun, and with kills you gain experience. Every so often you gain a level and skills. You can save your character. When/if you die, you lose experience. If you die a certain number of times your character can't be played again. It would all be saved in some arbitrary important sounding dll file so it can't be tampered with easily.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
22nd Jun 2001, 01:00 AM
Have you seen the kung fu mod thinggy for UT? I can't spell its name. Kauoto?

You can get it from the WoD site.

Smoke39
22nd Jun 2001, 03:18 PM
Kakutou is cool! HAW! You go, like, kick, kick, punch, whack hit dammagepainhurtdestroykillBLAH! Yeah, like that.

End.

Neuroflare
22nd Jun 2001, 05:22 PM
I didn't find it all that great. Yeah, it is pretty original, but all it was is punch punch kick punck kick kick kick punch. There was no locational damage and it didn't leave cool looking bruises. That would've been really cool.

Smoke39
22nd Jun 2001, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but you could do long jump kicks that would gib people if you were good enough. And it made you able to jump off walls 'n' stuff.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
22nd Jun 2001, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Kauto is almost like a fighting game. There is heaps of combo stuff.

Neuroflare
23rd Jun 2001, 02:55 PM
I got bored with it pretty quick. If it had adrenaline pills/shots it it, that would be cool, 'cause you would do incredible amounts of damage.

Streaks
27th Jun 2001, 05:35 PM
Well, I've always wanted to see a Macross/Robotech mod were you could pilot a veritech and/or destroid mecha into combat, even the veritech-cyclone ride armor. On larger maps (for the bigger units) it'd rule to rain death down with your GAU-11 vulcan cannon or blast peeps to atoms with a PPC from a destroid.

And, seeing as the 3rd generation (MOSPEDIA for you die hard animae fans : ) it'd be even better as those units are only about 20' tall with the ride armors (cyclones) being a scant 7' tall. Only the older (1st generation/Macross) erra units are 40' tall.

Ok, there's my wish list : )

Streaks