New game mode to play within INF, read this.. maybe good? I dunno

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zefran

May 6, 2001
Visit site
I notice the Infiltration Community is a fairly small group, so my idea might just work. In general, this would be just for fun.

Okay, here is the idea.

There seem to be a core group of players that play alot on the most common public servers so you tend to get to know people, sorta.

This will only work if people play honestly(I know, amazing to think that could be true)

How about a game of assasination? You register you in game name with the Operator. The Operator will then assign you a hit. You will have a certain time to kill said individual. If you do kill him, you report back to the Operator that the assignment is finished and give a good description of the assination.

The assignment is secret and only you and the Operator know about it. If you are killed by your target before you can kill him,
your mission is over and you failed.

You get points for killing an assassin and gain rank for more and more kills. You get more points for killing someone higher ranking than you, but you lose more points if you fail in your assasination attempt.

These are just some general ideas I came up with and was wondering if people would be interested in playing the game. Maybe we could even get a forum section up here to gloat over your kills and talk crap and try to get people to come hunt you down or something like that.

This game could be played in any mode of play, all you ahve to do is look for your target when finding an inf server to play on.

But anyway, if people are interested, raise your voice and tell me.
If people are interested, full rules can be worked out.

-Jason

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
err, this should be under New Version Suggestion Forum. :)
Interesting idea though, I guess the problem will be, "who's the operator?"
thanx

zefran

May 6, 2001
Visit site
This is not a new version idea, just an idea we can do on the side. Not something actually built into the game.. just played on the side. So move it back.. move it BACK BACK BACK!! WAAHHHH!!

-Jason

Oh, and since I am working for dreamtactics now, maybe I could talk them into letting me host in on the website. BUT ITS NOT BUILT INTO THE GAME! RAN ON THE SIDE!! SIDE I SAY!! SIIIIIIDE!

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
How about splitting the team in 2 parts, a small team of say 2-3 people which are allowed access to ALL the weapons and the rest of the server which are allowed only the standard weapons (exluding sniper rifles) and no attachments.

Their mission is to kill 1 person in the enemy team, the rest doesn't matter, just the target. They will only get points for that one target. The other team has to protect that target, they will only get points for finishing the round with the target in tact.

I think this could be done with a small mutator, it's pretty straightforward.

hmmm.... i can smell the teamwork.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
This is not a new version idea, just an idea we can do on the side. Not something actually built into the game.. just played on the side. So move it back.. move it BACK BACK BACK!! WAAHHHH!!

It most certainly is a new version suggestion. It's suggesting a new game mode, isn't it? Besides, I left a redirect in General, so what's the problem?

-Keiichi

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
This is not a new version suggestion, dude. He used the words 'game mode', but he's not asking the team to do anything here. Since it's not directed at the team, but at players interested in trying this idea, there's no reason for it to be moved.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Whatever. I moved it back. I still think this belongs in NVS though.

-Keiichi

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
but in CS you have two equal teams, the difference here is you have one smaller team which gets superiour weapons. The fact that they are smaller means they can't just go off and rambo, even if they kill 2 enemies it means that half the attacking team is knocked out when one of em dies.

robrob

May 4, 2000
This an Online Topic

This topic should be in Online as it is obviously about online play. heheh :D

Sorry just had to make a point. I am really getting tired of all the thread moving. It is obvious that the only people who are interested in strict adherance are the moderators. It is obvious that most prefer to post in the general forum as it is the only way to assure that the majority of the community sees the post. In theory highly organized forum makes sense in, practice it just creates inefficiency. I think off topic is valid but the rest get very little attention.

Free the People !!! Down with Censorship !!! Hell no we wont go !!! No Taxation w/out Representation !!! Up with People !!! Remember the Alamo !!! Viva la France !!! Never tuck your shirt in your underwear !!! .... oops better shut up before I get us all moved to Off Topic... :D