They're gonna vote on prayer in Texas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
O

OFUpYours

at football games....going to the Supreme Court. Any bets?
My guess is Satan will win this round too. After all...its his house.
What you believe is your business...what I believe is mine. So dont start a bunch of crap......Im just curious as to whether you think the prayer referendum will pass or not.
My vote says no.

MRHYDE

Blah Blah Blah
Nov 10, 1999
Portland, ME
Visit site
I agree UY, too many people screaming bloody murder. They let kids compete in games, show them how to win. Parents let them see the crap on TV, and on th internet. Yet Prayer is taboo. Satans knocking, should we let him in? I do not go to church, but since when is prayer a bad thing? Well, do not answer that, and I am sure a lot of people will scream civil rights and all.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Thats a tough one. But I have to say no to any form of religion at public schools. Public schools are supposed to be an open environment for learning. There are too many issues (racism, wealth/poverty, etc) that divide students as it is without throwing religion in the mix. I know this from personal experience cuz many of the Jewish kids at my high school were outcasted and treated very poorly. High school is a difficult time in alot of kid's lives and the best learning environment is one where they feel comfortable and accepted.

If you say its okay to have prayer at football games...then next thing ya know its okay to teach religion in class. Does a Catholic guy want his tax dollars going to teach some Jewish kid about religion?

Families have plenty of time to teach their children whatever they want outside of school. Dont you think the HOME is a better place than the SCHOOL for a child to learn religion anyway?

bullet2.gif

If you got any problems with what I gotta say, please feel free to click here.

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
I'd have no problem with it. While Liquid brought up some points. Some similar things like that are already done. Let's say you teach your kid that being gay is wrong and the school says it's fine. Is that ok? if you think that's ok and religion isn't, doesn't that seem the least bit biased? You can keep everything out of teh public or let it all in, anything in the middle is being biased and that's not what freedom is supposed to be about. I say keep religion out of school for one reason, people are a$$holes, well a good deal of them are and we don't need holy wars in school either. Keep the gay talk out too. School isn't about learning religion or what your sexual preference is. However, if you want religion and school, the whole school voucher thing is a good solution. The problem is, Clinton feels that our kids aren't good enough to be let into private schools like his daughter. He'd rather seperate america and put the poor kids in the very lacking public school system rather than give people a choice like the rich have. Sure it'll probably kill off public schools but that's because they suck *** . I highly doubt anyone wants their kids there given their other options. Our school system sucks which is why we have some of the dumbest kids in the world and Clinton doesn't want let the average person try to give their kids something better. Of course when a school rather buy some good air conditioning and heating, plus kick *** new desks for the office only while the gym class has sh1t for phys ed supplies and the class rooms are freezing cause the windows aren't sealed, you can't expect kids to learn well, especially when there's not enough books for everyone. That's the sh1t we had put up with our school when I went there and that school has been in trouble for misuse of funds several times, yet they keep doing it. Clinton would never send his daughter to a school like the one I went to but apparently it was good enough for me cause I wasn't rich.

bullet2.gif

"During S&M play, be sure to have a "safety word"
to prevent injury, death or allergic reaction."
-PCXL

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Not to get off topic....but Toad you shoulda seen my high school. Brand new gymnasium (so we had two fully functional gyms), brand new "science wing" (which was purely aesthetic, they spent a ton of money on it, but in no way did it enhance the way the kids learned. It just looked pretty), and a brand new auditorium (which we never even used, and they still have the old one which is still fully functional). Its ludicrous and every year they try to pass new bonds to get more money to the schools. Oh the schools get more than enough money they just spend it on all the wrong stuff. Every year the building gets bigger and prettier, but the teachers get more dumb and the books remain tattered and old. Dont even get me started about how arrogant and ignorant teachers are. Of the 3 dozen or so teachers I had throughout high school, theres only one guy who actually knew how to teach.

bullet2.gif

If you got any problems with what I gotta say, please feel free to click here.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
If you let ONE religous group perform thier piticular ritual you must let ALL religous groups perfrom thier rituals.

So who's to decide if they perform Budduhist chants, Catholic prayers, Kneel to Meca, Protestant prayers, Jewish prayers, Baptist prayers, or Satanic prayer?

America = No state sponsored relegion.

bullet2.gif

Don't like my post? Go Here

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
That's my point Lizard, keep it all out or all in. They don't really do that now.

bullet2.gif

"During S&M play, be sure to have a "safety word"
to prevent injury, death or allergic reaction."
-PCXL

Sky

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
When I was in school they had prayer every morning. They said "Let's now take a moment for everyone to pray in his or her own way if they so choose."
Now what's wrong with that? You have an oportunity to pray to whomever or whatever you want or to just stand there and pick your nose. Sky

SXDX

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
I think Sky has the right idea. I'm not religious myself, but I know how important faith is to a lot of people, and far be it from me to keep someone else from practicing their religion. Not allowing students to pray at all is as much a violation of their rights as forcing them to pray to a god they don't believe in.

Just my tuppence.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I think that people should be given the chance to pray in school. There is nothing wrong with it. Those students that give those that pray a hard time should be handled as bullies. It is the schools job to keep things in order. That's a job that they need to put more effort into.

[This message has been edited by BillyBadAss (edited 12-02-1999).]

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Anybody that really wants to pray doesn't need to wait until they go to school to do it. The bible tells us to pray in our closet, not in public. If it's Christians who think they need this public display, they're misled. However, I would think that one public benefit of praying in schools is that everyone who participates, acknowledges a higher authority. There is maybe a teeny chance that this could tone down some rebel spirits a bit.