IP Extension

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GunGunGrrl

Jun 20, 2000
Visit site
Hey boys and girls!

Newbie just starting, and a friend suggested that the reason we can't find each other over the net is because we're both from the same small city and our IP addresses are too similar. She suggested that we can add an extension to the IP and that someone here would know about that. This makes no sense to me whatsoever from my knowledge of IP addressing, but whatever. Anyone?

Thanks tons!

Gun Gun Grrl

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
Err, ok...

1)Each ip address has to be able to connect to another, or else the internet would be a weird place...

2)There is no such thing as "too similar IPs"

3)What would that extension be? Don't even think of adding another number in the style .xxx, that won't work...(maybe with IPv6... ;))

4)The only extension you can add to an ip is the port address (like this: ":<port-number>"). If you don't insert one there, UT is using the default port (which is 6667, or something like that)

5)There could be many reasons why you can't find each other. Is one of you trying to create a server? If yes try connecting via the "Open Location"-option. You can enter the ip there directly.

If this doesn't work, you got some more serious problems (I suppose =).

Loibisch

[This message has been edited by Loibisch (edited 06-21-2000).]

The Rat

Feb 10, 2000
www.games.calweb.com
Sorry for interupting, but the port # for Unreal Tournament is 7777 Although you were close.
As for what you said regarding the IP#'s, That is TOTALLY correct. There isn't any such thing as a IP# that is "To Close". Like you said.... the Internet simply would NOT work, if that was the case.

Later :)

bullet2.gif

*The Rat's Nest*
63.195.145.43:7777
http://WWW.BYTEFUL.COM