I suppose the patch 226 from Epic is more BS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
I guess all that garbage about getting a patch 226 from Epic was more of the same garbage they have been feeding us for a year..what a pathetic bunch ....I really don't like the way they operate.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
225 completely broke the single player game, bugs all over the place.

Any chance of 227 fixing this ?!?

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website <A HREF="http://surf.to/scragsite
" TARGET=_blank>http://surf.to/scragsite
</A>

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
lol! I think the news of this patch was just obscured by UT. It seemed that no one cared that much anymore of the fate of Unreal. I find it odd also that it hasn't been released yet.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
I was led to believe by the powers that be..that the patch 226 would take care of the D3D /open GL video card compatibility and that an improved netcode client side would be included.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Kempec quote:

"Oh grow up Easy_Target! All you do is bitch and whine! You're nothing but a pathetic little cry baby! "

Excellent contribution to this thread.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Well, now that UT is gold, they prolly have lots of time on their hands, it would be a good idea to tweak up Unreal1, get the patch out so legend can fix some problems
and they can re-release Unreal with ALL updates and NO bugs.
I have mentioned it before, I wouldnt mind seeing a directors cut of Unreal before they whacked it for an early release, (which had all the netcode problems)
I guess one or 2 of cliffy's maps made it into the mission pak that didnt get into Unreal1.
Anyway, Unreal1 isnt a done deal yet as far as I can see.

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
In case you haven't read this over at UU already...

Everyone is looking forward to UT, but what's the status of the final Unreal patch? Is finishing that a priority for Epic?

Greenmarine: "Its not a priority for Epic. We have been very busy with Unreal Tournament. I don't see it as being worth the development team's time to continue working on Unreal.
Unreal could certainly benefit from some additional attention, but the development
team does not have the time for it."

Damn that sucks.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Jeeesus guys! They did give us waaay more than they promised already. Yeah there are a few bugs left because of differing set-ups. But it has a very playable net-code and an in game browser. Throw that in with all the rest and an awesome UT release and I'd say they've been working their asses off to give us a couple of cool games. WAAAAY more than some of these other game companies.

Thanks Epic.

Napalm Joe

I thought Unreal's multiplayer totally sucked. You just don't "feel" like you are in accurate control of your player. The opposing players sometimes disappear and reappear a few steps ahead of where they were, and the netcode performance seemed to suck completely. I thought pretty much everyone thought so, based on talking to even the biggest Unreal fans. Is this not the case??? Could I have tried it before the last patches (it HAS been awhile....). Perhaps I will give it another chance, the single player action has always been good, but I am a multiplayer kinda guy. Where is a good place to get Unreal usermaps???

bullet2.gif

Napalm Joe-VED
(Very Elite Drunk and Blood champion!)

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
I guess we get no patch for Unreal..I have owned Ut since it came out..you know what? Unreal rules !

EPIC GIVE US THE PATCH YOU PROMISED..It's Xmas...were is your spirit of doing the right thing?

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
BAAA HUMBUG !!!!!!!! BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Unreal plays way better online then UT does right now... But your right Easy_Target it is Christmas and I nice shiny patch would look good in my stocking /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Nerf Crotchbat

Nov 29, 1999
Mt. Pleasant, MI US
I'm not here to start trouble, but as far as I know, there hasn't been a single patch for the full version of UT. There had been several test/demo versions, but no patch so far for the full retail version.

Personally, having just purchased Unreal about 2 months ago ($9.99 on sale at Kmart)
I haven't gotten around to online play, but the single player runs pretty good with the 225 patch on my TNT in D3D. However, The UT demo runs excellent on my computer, net play and all. It's my guess that there were so many things they learned from Unreal that they incorperated into UT.....but just not practical or possible to just patch into Unreal. No one ever expected Quake to be patched to be just like Q2 when that came out, I say we are lucky that they are taking the time to work on what is surely a pretty old game to Epic. All in all, still a pretty good game.

AzusaSOB

Dec 7, 1999
www.sobservers.com
for all you guys whining about 225 are you using 225a or what, if you payed attention theres a 225f which helps alot, and 224 connecting to a 225f server screws things up for everyone.

[This message has been edited by AzusaSOB (edited 12-07-1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.