Need help with speaker setup please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Hi,

I have just got a SB Live card which makes UT sound great! Anyway, I am just wondering how I can go about connecting my stereo to it as well as my comp speakers.

My computer speakers are pretty good, and connect through a USB port. Can I just get some adaptors/connectors etc to hook up the digital out on the SB Live card straight to the aux input on the stereo and then both sets of speakers would be woking? Or do I not have a clue what I am talking about? <grin>

In any case, please let me know what sort of cables I might need, or even if it isn't possible at all!!

Thanks very much.

Mrukk

Blistering_Pants

T2 Junkie
May 14, 2000
VA, USA
That is exacly what you do. give it a try it should work nicley. Although simetimes a stetup like that may drain some of the sound from your primary speakers, but with the added ones it all equls out.

Blistering_Pants

T2 Junkie
May 14, 2000
VA, USA
That is exacly what you do. give it a try it should work nicley. Although simetimes a stetup like that may drain some of the sound from your primary speakers, but with the added ones it all equls out.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Thanks my friend. I guess I'll head on down to Radio Shack... damn, I bet their not open on a Saturday night :-(

Cheers
Mrukk

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Ok, so I have just got some wires to connect my sound card to the aux on my stereo. Finally I managed to get the stereo speakers going, but not from the digital out - from one of the other connections.

Anyway - the problem I have is that I can only get either the stereo speakers or my computer speakers going - not both at the same time. Remember my comp speakers are USB. I have tried changing the windows multimedia settings around to using all devices and not only the preferred one etc, etc... but still can only get one or the other!

Does anyone have any suggestions? It would be very much appreciated.

BTW - with a SB Live! card and stereo speakers UT sounds AWESOME!! Hehe - I can't wait till my Voodoo card comes :)

Thanks very much.

Mrukk

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
It may not be possible, depending on the flavor of USB speakers you have. A lot of USB speakers include a DSP (digital sound processor) and function as both a sound card and speaker. If that is what you have, then you most likely will be unable to get both sets of speakers to work at once, as UT (and most other games/apps) can only utilize ONE sound card/driver at a time.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Hi Toastman,

Thanks very much for your reply... I was begining to give up hope of anyone doing so. I guess you are right about the speakers... never mind - one set of real good ones will do me for now.

Thanks again

Mrukk

KiloDelta

Rogue
Feb 14, 2000
Toronto, ON
UT on a sound system is incredible. whenever i'm home alone, i move my 1200 watt surround sound system into the computer room and for 3 hours, i hear NOTHING outside the room. for about 30 minutes after that, i hear nothing anywhere else from nearly going deaf.

bullet2.gif

one_mega is coming soon...

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Damn - that sounds awesome. I'll have to get a setup like that one day!

Just remember to enjoy it while you still have hearing :)

Have fun

Mrukk