PDA

View Full Version : Installation

VertigoMan
21st Jul 1999, 10:35 AM
I downloaded the Version 2.1 update and the UMOD file won't open! I clicked it and it does nothing! Any thoughts? Do I need to get the 2.0 version?

Warren
21st Jul 1999, 10:55 AM
What happens exactly- when you click on it does it act like there's no program associated with it? (ie do you get that window to choose what program to associate to it?) Have you installed a UMOD before? Do you have Unreal patch 224 or later? We'll try to help you out as best we can- just provide some more info- thanks!

BTW- you don't need version 2.0 - this patch is the full deal.

[This message has been edited by Warren (edited 07-21-99).]

VertigoMan
21st Jul 1999, 11:00 AM
Alright, I go into the Infiltration folder on my desktop, and double-click the UMOD file and it won't open at all. No messages or anything, it just won't open. Yeah, its like there is no program in it, thats about right. And yes, I have it patched upto 225f and I have installed a UMOD before.

[This message has been edited by VertigoMan (edited 07-21-99).]

[This message has been edited by VertigoMan (edited 07-21-99).]

Warren
21st Jul 1999, 06:00 PM
hmmm.. well this does sound wierd. If you've installed a UMOD before, than we know Unreal has associated UMOD files with itself, so that's not the problem. I guess the only other thing I can think of is to either redownload it or wait until later tonight when we put up the ZIP files that you can directly extract from and put the files in the proper directories from there.
It kinda seems like the file wasn't fully downloaded, but Unreal isn't giving an error of any kind related to the fact.. then again, if you could unzip it period, it should be fully downloaded.. strange.. anyone else have this problem?

Morag
22nd Jul 1999, 03:45 AM
Well if you have a mac then double clicking isn't goimg to do much you need to drag the umod the the Umod installer if you have a PC then Warren's advice is sound. Often times files can be corrupted while they arre being downloaded. so re download it

Warren
22nd Jul 1999, 08:12 AM
Now if you're still having troubles, revisit our downloads page and you can grab the zip files that have the individual files put together instead of a UMOD installation. Just follow the instructions on where to put those individual files.
www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/downloads.htm (http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/downloads.htm)