PDA

View Full Version : M16 sound problem

Stryker
21st Jul 1999, 11:09 AM
I have been noticing that the M16 stops making firing sounds occasionally when I am in a battle. It does this on both my PC's (one has the SB live).

Warren
21st Jul 1999, 05:46 PM
Hmm.. this is a new one.. I haven't noticed or heard about this problem before.. Can I get more info from you? Does this happen when you've got a ton going on- like 8 bots while you're overlooking a huge scene, that kind of thing..? Has it been restricted to a certain game mode? Are you firing in burst or full auto mode?

HuFlungDung
22nd Jul 1999, 08:25 AM
Same problem here, and it was this way with version 1 as well. Is there something screwy about the silencer function I'm wondering?

Stryker
22nd Jul 1999, 08:32 AM
I think it happens in either fire mode. I have noticed that I am not hearing single shots or rapid fire shots on certain occasions. It does not appear to matter where I am in a level and it has done it on a few different levels. I have noticed it with one bot only as well as times with several bots. I could see why it would happen on one of my PC's because it just has a regular sound card and can only play a few sounds at once, but my main PC has an SB Live that can play up to 256 sounds at once.

Warren
23rd Jul 1999, 12:05 AM
Hmm.. this is definitely strange. We're currently looking into the problem and hopefully we'll figure something out! thanks for the bug..