idiot (not you, Warren)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

Even I know that Robar produces a .50 rifle.
I just had to say that.
And those who don't know it can just have a look at the weapons page of infiltration.

------------------

S

Six

I just get a bit worried when you guys start to get interested in real weapons.

Hello! This is a cyber world!!

Who actually cares what's out there. I thought the game is called Unreal. It personally think that it is more important to talk about what is good for the gameplay.

Hope you guys are all over 21.

Six.

[This message has been edited by Six (edited 07-30-1999).]

G

I DO care if someone believes that he has to smash the work of months. The Catalytic Conversions team spent a lot of time to create this great mod and THEY'RE NOT PAID FOR IT!

G

Okay, I screwed up a little bit. Sorry! I've just heard about another massacre in the US. Sometimes I'm glad to live in a peaceful little village in Germany.
I know from these weapons because I have to collect their sounds for Infiltration. I do believe that good sounds are important for the gameplay.

S

Six

Probably it would have been best not to start this discussion. I am really sorry. But once it is out there:

My comment was not directly targeted at you Neo. I was against a possible "I am an weapon expert" discussion. Playing Unreal does NOT mean for me to supoprt the NRA or any other attitude towards any real life opinion of what is happening in the games.

Another thing is that I do not agree that kids or any other easily influenced people should play these games. They obviously do not know how to handle those things.

Criticism on the mod is another thing. I fully agree that only constructive discussions are valid discussions here. They ask for feedback to make a successful mod and they get it from us in a respectful way. Full stop.

I think you find black seep everywhere. I would just ignore those people.

Six.

K

kamikazi

I must say... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I just HAVE to put in my 2 cents. If you hadn't brought up the NRA, I would be fine, but NO!

Ok.. A long time ago, many people had guns. Those people had no problems with guns, and everyone knew they everyone else probably had a gun (this is not fictional wild west stories, this is truth) and when a criminal was thinking about commiting a crime, he thought a LOT less about it knowing that if he went in some bank with guns blazing, he himself would almost deffinitely be shot by some passerby trying to keep their town safe. This is the reason that I don't believe in gun control as anything more than the government trying to be the only ones with the guns so that people have no say. The second ammendment is to allow people to have guns so that they can control the government if it gets too high and mighty and wants to limit the rights of citizens.

That is all I have to say. Sorry, Warren, I had to comment.

------------------

[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums!!

W

Warren

Hehe- no problem.. This is rather fascinating to say the least. I personally won't render my opinion, but since I'm modeling and animating the very guns you fine people have produced digital carbon with, I think it's obvious I'm not doing this because my mommy said so. Of course nobody wants the bad sides of life guns offer, but the overwhelming power and control a weapon of death gives someone is a drug in itself. As much as I hate seeing someone kill 9 innocent people because some Utah driver cut him off again and by God that's the last straw, I also can't wait to lock 'n load my M16 and mow down three online penpals at the same time in a friendly game of Infiltration! What's this say? Probably not much in my case- I'll still wake up tomorrow- I'll still have to go to work.. Should we or even gun makers in real life be held responsible for the way someone was brought up or feels about life in general? Should the majority be held responsible for any minority? And why the hell is it so hot outside?? Why ask why.. I guess I couldn't live with myself if I didn't ask why every day. So why does someone who says they hate guns enjoy taking time out of their life to give bots something to 'think' about? Maybe because they understand the difference. When you can seperate reality and fantasy, you're one step closer to the meaning of life.. after all, maybe life is really a simulation? Maybe it's not about how you live your life but how many quarters you have?

I for one will continue to model modern, realistic weapons for Infiltration because dammit- I like doing it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Opinions on the nature of weapons are always fun to discuss- as long as we know the difference.

G

I don't like this discussion!
In some weeks I'll be 17 and I did not get mad because I played Infiltration, Unreal, Quake, Kingpin or Wolfenstein. For me, it's no problem to realize the difference between a game and reality. People who start a massacre are just weird, they did not become a weirdo by playing one of these games. I believe they would have done these terible things anyway.
And there're always these black sheeps, they're everywhere! Hitler, Saddam, I think everybody knows them. They did not play any of these games, but they are responsible for many murdered people.

As I said, I don't like this discussion and I'm looking forward to write sth. creative on this messageboard.

J

JediCatch

I would like to ask if you think the people that do these terrible things are just "weird" or if you think they made a conscious decision to do these things. I do not believe in the inherent ability to kill without cause. There is a conscious choice to kill, or to cuss, or to do anything. People are responsible for their actions because they made those actions. They do the crime, they do the time. Guns are not to blame, neither are drugs or anything else. People are tempted to do wrong every day (we will not yet get in to discussing the deffinition of right and wrong) yet most make the right decision. Some do not. Whether guns are legal or not, that makes no difference. Do any of you honestly think that if guns were outlawed people wouldn't be killed by other means or even by people who didn't get their guns legitimately in the first place? I think not.
That is all I have to say for now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums

G

Yeah, you are responsible for what you've done, right. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But enough of it now, okay?