PDA

View Full Version : my own little poll

26th Aug 1999, 03:11 AM
I wanted to ask you all out there from Wich countries you are from.
(If you see that someone has already written down your country, please don't retype it all again.

26th Aug 1999, 03:13 AM
I'll start:
I'm from Germany

Hodag
26th Aug 1999, 03:43 AM
US. Maryland to be precise.

------------------
Oh Great... another Mac
fanatic...

RaekwoN
26th Aug 1999, 08:19 AM
Melbourne, Australia.

Warren
26th Aug 1999, 01:44 PM
US- Utah - not by choice :/

the_ROCK
26th Aug 1999, 04:15 PM
Eagle Pass, Texas - U.S. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/shades.gif

Catalyst
26th Aug 1999, 05:56 PM
Moorpark, California

farrp
26th Aug 1999, 09:20 PM
Ashtabula, Ohio

Not by choice /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(why does RaekwoN always *cough*) > /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RaekwoN
26th Aug 1999, 09:37 PM
Either I'm a bit sick constantly or I'm just being a smart ass.

More than likely it's the latter.

RaekwoN
26th Aug 1999, 09:41 PM
Sorry Neo, just remembered your from Germany..so you probably weren't getting the funny gag.

Yeah what it is is like saying it under your breath, it's like you are not saying it because the person you are saying it to would dislike it, or you don't really want them to hear it.

Watch Waynes World, there is an example of it in that, I think.

That really didn't clear it up for you did it.

RaekwoN
26th Aug 1999, 09:42 PM
Sorry that last one was to Farrp not Neo.

Mr. McFeely
26th Aug 1999, 10:46 PM
I am from the US of A, specifically from Maine. Each night I wrap myself entirely in an American flag and say the pledge of allegiance as I drift off to sleep.
-Mr. McFeely

profit
27th Aug 1999, 01:46 AM
McFeely.... I hope you're not serious..... American hyper patriotism is so misguided....

Vancouver, Canada (soon Victoria)

27th Aug 1999, 02:37 AM
O.K., I think we've got all countries now.
America, Canada, Australia and Germany.
Well, 4 countries, 4 army skins for V3. Waaaaaaaarreeen!!!!

Warren
27th Aug 1999, 03:59 AM
hehehe

Billdog
27th Aug 1999, 11:00 PM
DENMARK (http://www.denmark.dk) the military (http://home3.inet.tele.dk/jdj/spec_ops/count/denmark.htm) power in Europe, using mindcontrol (http://www.carlsberg.com/) devices and lead by mastermind Royalists (http://www.kongehuset.dk/) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sledgehammer
28th Aug 1999, 06:16 AM
I'm in Ireland- Irish born and bred!

Each night I wrap myself in a Tricolour......

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[L.I.F.L]JoeLos
28th Aug 1999, 06:52 AM
I'm from Scania, Sweden. The most southern landscape of this great country.....

InCuBuS
28th Aug 1999, 07:26 AM
I'm from that tiny little country no-one ever heard about called Belgium and I live in the city of Antwerp

28th Aug 1999, 11:56 AM
Of course I know Belgium.
I've once passed my vacations in a village (?) called Oostende.
It's at the western coast.

DanielK
30th Aug 1999, 02:47 PM
Belgium...that's in Asia, right? Do you have running water? Im one of those fat, lazy, stupid Americans, yanno. I often wonder, when other nationalities bitch about Americans, are they talking about Canadians Mexicanians too? Canadia and Mexicania are in the Americas, after all. Specifically, I am from Colorado (Red Color to the Mexicanians and the Spanishanians) and the SOB server in Boulder is the only one that allows a decent ping on my 56k, even if it is on the other side of the hill from me.

DanielK

CircleJerk
30th Aug 1999, 09:56 PM
HUNTINGTON BCH CALIFORNIA AND THE ONLY ONE I KNOW WHO PLAYS THIS GAME THAT LIVES CLOSEST TO ME IS hURT HE'S FROM LBC

Robes
31st Aug 1999, 02:15 AM
Scotland. Sunshine city of Edinburgh.

InCuBuS
31st Aug 1999, 06:12 AM
Woohoo! Some people actually know where it is! Hey I ain't referring to the Americans, just to all people I know from MP games, I found out only half of them knew it is in Europe hehe, btw the SOB is the only American server I can get a decent ping on, keep it up!

Six
31st Aug 1999, 10:38 AM
That is really amazing... I play from the Netherlands (an even smaller spot than Belgie) and the SOB Server always provides me with a 250 to 350 ping which ist great for unreal (Half-Life would be unplayable, Action-HL draws perhaps one frame a day..).

But I am not a Cheesy, just live there (very nice people, though). My girlfriend (English) calls me a Bloody Jerry, so I must be one :-)

Am applying for jobs in California, because it is so nice and warm there. How is the ping to the SOB-Server from there?? (otherwise I stay where I am :-)

Six.

Talieson
31st Aug 1999, 11:25 AM
I'm from the city so nice, they named it twice: New York, NY. Nice to see the diversity in the community!

InCuBuS
31st Aug 1999, 12:06 PM
Do you get 250/350 ping at night or also at daytime? Cos I have cable, and in daytime I get 700 but at night (from 11/12h) I get 250 too...

Stumper
31st Aug 1999, 01:37 PM
Rohnert Park, California .... with a 150 to 250 ping.

RaekwoN
31st Aug 1999, 06:50 PM
I think this needs to be said...

To all the Americans, go look at the original question, there is a key word all except the first of you missed, it's C O U N T R Y.

That's all. Oh and he asked for one rep from each C O U N T R Y, not each insignificant city.

Warren
31st Aug 1999, 09:59 PM
hehe- it'll be ok /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif - I don't think it's a big deal myself- and I doubt anyone would care if they knew which state in America I am in- nor would it bother me if I knew where 3 different people live in Germany- I think it's great we're all getting to know each other better.

Catalyst
1st Sep 1999, 01:27 AM
All you punks from California can come down to Ventura County and kick it in my pad (ok not really, but it sounded good, didn't it?)

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RaekwoN
2nd Sep 1999, 12:07 AM
Catalyst,

You mean Ventura country as in Jesse the body? Ha ha, heard about that here, I'm a big Conan O'Brien fan, we get one day old episodes on cable here, funny stuff, yeah Conan was bagging it. Grew up on pay per view videos of WWF, love it. Summerslam 88, one of my fav's.

Hey do any of you guys watch the Tom Green show?

InF is good. (thought I better throw something related to the game in)

Catalyst
2nd Sep 1999, 12:41 AM
Nope, I mean Ventura County, California, but your idea was better /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

2nd Sep 1999, 02:40 PM
My bum is on the Swedish! Swedish!.....Oh sorry....Answer your question RaekwoN? Well, actually I don't, but I've seen clips and he's funny.

------------------
-=*LifesBane*=-

RaekwoN
2nd Sep 1999, 04:58 PM
I've got some UNDIES!.....aheemmm what oh yes it does. I haven't seen that one cause slack ass Australian cable networks only get old episodes. We've only got season 1 and 2, but it's awesome.

Did I mention I'm Australian? (topic related input)hehehe