PDA

View Full Version : Connection Failures ONLY On INF_DMHillBase.unr

4EVER
28th Aug 1999, 03:06 AM
I can play through all the maps on the SOB Infiltration Standoff server untill INF_DMHillBase.unr, then I, allways get a connection failure error. Whats wrong? Thanks!! BTW– GREAT MOD!! I like it much better than UNREAL!
Thanks Again!
Steve (4EVER)

InCuBuS
28th Aug 1999, 07:18 AM
I have exactly the same problem, I can play DMhillbase in botmatch inf but not online! This also occurs when I try to play DMsubbase online... Are you by any chance on a mac? (like me)

4EVER
28th Aug 1999, 12:35 PM
Yup. 233Mhz iMac rev b. I wonder if it is a Mac-specific problem? …Oh yea, I also have the connection failures with INF_DMSubbase.unr too, I suppose it could be somthing with those particular maps. Too much of a coinsidence that both of us have problems ONLY with those 2 maps. Hope someone can help us out! Steve (4EVER)

Catalyst
28th Aug 1999, 03:12 PM
The problem might be the dynamic file accessing those maps use to convert them to Infiltration. This is also believed to be the reason why Mac Unreal users sometimes have the game crash after choosing the Classic game type...it loads the file there too.

InCuBuS
29th Aug 1999, 09:08 PM
Yea it is an inf bug (on macs only then), because I used to play Hillbase with a friend online using v1.0, also, when hosting a MP game using hill or sub, the game won't "crash"

poopie
1st Sep 1999, 02:55 PM
Me too, I am on a G3 233 with Voodoo 2 card....but the strange thing is I have an imac networked through my computer (using internet gateway and 1 internet account) and it loads up both maps online at SOB just fine (is imac 333 standard config)....isn't that strange?