PDA

View Full Version : UT wont run

Game0rz
13th May 2000, 02:40 AM
I have a CL geforce w/ the nvidia driver, detonater, the latest one. i have the latest UT patch. but when ever i go to play the phsical game it exits and bring me up a long error that i dont really understand and i dont know what to do?
would reinstalling UT do anything?
should i screw w/ my unreal.ini thing a bit more what?

zombie
14th May 2000, 01:45 AM
OK...

What does the error say?

Maybe someone else can understand it.

(no need to copy the entire thing, just the first few lines)

Game0rz
15th May 2000, 07:32 PM
well, its really long i dont know what all it says

The Dudester
15th May 2000, 07:40 PM
That doesn't matter...
just try to run UT again and copy down the error onto a bit of paper. Then post it here.

You never know...it might help :)

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Q: What's purple and commutes?
A: An abelian grape.

Obv. (http://AOANLA.tripod.com/)

Game0rz
15th May 2000, 08:08 PM
alright I got unreal working now, dont really know how. i just uninstalled and reinstalled them updated patch. went to 405 d3d patch (i think) that didnt work so i went all the way back to everything 413 again then it worked perfectly until i got playing it would just exit in the middle of a game and bring up this error
(lines and CAPS not there though)

general protection fault!

history:ulevel:setactorzone <- ulevel::farmoveactor <- aactor::tick <- tickallactors <- ulevel::tick <- [netmode=0] <- ticklevel <- Ugame engine::tick <- updateworld <- mainloop

i think thats it.

Game0rz
15th May 2000, 09:07 PM
i dont know, maybe its just me or something because I went back into the game and now I'm playing perfectly. so who knows what happened/happening but thanks for all your guys help.!!
and hey, im getting cable in like 2-3 days so maybe all be able to play agenst ya sometime!

Game0rz
3rd Oct 2000, 11:04 PM
*bump*

hehe for those of you that read the trouble shooting forums, i think this is my first post here!
???