Warren and Cat...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
F

farrp

...where do u guys get the sounds for the guns? Do you acually go out and record the gun being fired? Just curious.

Also, please make the DE .50 loud. I have been in love with this gun since I first saw it years ago. I little infatuation of mine. I just hope the think doesn't sound as weak as it did in the other games it's been in. 'Lets make people run in terror' hehe!

W

Warren

We've got a wonderful sound artist- Neo has been able to get a hold of some great sounds that I sure as heck couldn't find. We also already have the DE firing sound-- and it IS loud /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif promise.. I've heard one of these fire before too..

Some things will be tough-- like the FiveseveN or FN P-90-- they both fire the same caliber of round, but who knows what they sound like.. or the FA-MAS-- it fires a typical 5.56mm round, so we might just have to vary it's sound from some of the other assault rifles.. unless anyone out there has one they can loan us! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

C

Catalyst

It's hard to really get guns to sound loud/powerful in Unreal...maybe I need a subwoofer or something.

G

Normally I get these sounds from some friends who go out and record them for me. But that hasn't happenend in the last few months.
Now I use my archive and play around with the files, if I don't have the real one (but that's not often. My archives should be about 400MB.)

R

Repairman_Jack

Neo,
The PSG-1 sound is dead on, I have the sound for the Barrett somewhere around here <looks under Pelican> as well one of a FN P90, love them range days, if I can scrounge them up I'll get them to you.

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-

W

Warren

lol- Oh PLEASE do!!! :p~~~ that would be greatly appreciated

B

Billdog

So that is the way you treat your friends Neo, letting them get shot!
How about a sound charity from the european part of the community? "Now Infiltration lets you take part of the real action. To days program: Infiltrate a secret military base close by you, where weapon prototypes are tested, get video documentation of it all if you can't get away with the guns. We meed after a month underground in Copenhagen." Don't try this any place except at home.