Uzi silencer????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
L

LemonButt

Is it just me or by looking at that uzi's silencer look bent???

I guess you not gonna put an avi of the Uzi fireing huh /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Theres nothing more enjoying than blowing someones head of with a nice warm UZI

bye,

LemonButt

P.S. Theres something you havn't mentioned in the RoadMap or FAQ, is if the claymore's were gonna be fixed. Because its still didn't work on 2.6.

W

Warren

No, the silencer isn't bent- it was just at a funny rendering angle, and I guess I didn't think it was important enough to redo.. but thanks for noticin'

I didn't realize the claymores weren't working..? Don't suppose you could be more specific...

B

Billdog

Warren, it would be easier to recognize bugs if you describe how things are supposed to be. You are in the Infiltration team right?

[This message has been edited by Billdog (edited 11-12-1999).]

W

Warren

tsk tsk- ok, claymores are mines shaped with a slight curve meant to explode small beebees in a 60 degree angle shredding everything in their path. They will basically kill anything within that angle out to 50 meters, and are moderately effective at 100 meters. The front of the mine has large letters 'FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY' which alleviates the 50/50 chance of proper placement, if you can't figure out what 60 degrees looks like. They can be set off by tripwire or a hand held detonator- tho for simplicity they are 'tripwire' in our game. ...and they work as advertised...

B

Billdog

Is there any chance involved? Can you jump over them or in other wayes pass them without setting them off, range of the trip?

L

LemonButt

The claymores didn't work properly on my machine...not sure about others. But the only way they chould be set off was that if the enemy hit the MINE part it self..even if it did go off the beebee's didn't come out.

Now I did notice something that may cause this I first uninstalled my Unreal game all together one time and I reinstalled it and then I installed the infiltration mod and I noticed that the game performed better and stuff (not sure about the claymores thoe) but when I installed the Serpentine mod the hole thing seemed different. Perhaps theres a conflict between it and the infiltration in some way but not sure.

Well anyway cya just finished downloading UT 55megs for a stupid demo geez games these days.

W

Warren

Yeah, we'll hopefully have a better system for the claymores in version 3

D

deathren

COOL! Silenced UZI!
Thats gotta be interesting!

[This message has been edited by deathren (edited 11-12-1999).]

T

TheViper

Speaking of claymores, Warren...I've long been puzzled by their strange, alien behavior. The sometimes jump up and down, or drop from the sky...occasionally, a line of unclaimed claymores (Ceetak, specifically, where they're strung out in a nice row) will do a strange thing -- some of the clays in the line will all go up in the air and come down sequentially, like cards in a deck. Really, I'm serious, and I wasn't taking any whacky stuff. What's that all about?

T

TheViper

Still puzzled by the dancing claymores and the claymores-from-the-sky... .

W

Warren

heh- wish I had some scientific reason for ya- buuuut I never heard that one before.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif all I can say is I hope the ones in version 3 work a lot better.. :p

B

Billdog

The scientific reason: Everything concerning computers are very small. In the case of claymores behaving that way, it comes from the single atom controlling the position of it. As you know when a atom gets warmer it moves more. The only thing that is wrong is your CPU cooler that needs to be replaced. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

R

Repairman_Jack

Yet another stirring example of Gamer Science(pat.pend.).

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-