Single Player levels....oh well!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
F

farrp

INF 3.0 is probably the only game that I will play all year. Call me shallow, but no other 1st person shooter/stratagy games can even compare. R6, Delta Force, Spec Ops, and all the others can kiss it. Don't get me wrong, they were great when they came out, but now that i've played INF i'll never be able to play them again.

The only problem is i'll surely miss the single player games. The ones that you have to sneek into a fortified camp behind enemy lines and assasinate the general, or steal the some sensative materials from a well armored facility. There is nothing like the fealing of being a one man army (but still keeping things realistic) and completing primary and secondary objectives. Which brings me to my question. Do you think it would ever be possible that INF will be put on the market equiped w/levels differant characters to choose from? I think not only would you make millions, but that is the only thing missing from your masterpiece. And i'm sure a lot of people are wishing for the same thing. I personally wouldn't mind shelling out $40 or $50 to purchase I game like that.

I am not trying to brag you up. I'm just hopeing that someday this product might be a realality. And just think of never having to work another day in your life at your sh_tty job. If this is something that is plausible in the future please reply.

--Can you tell i'm addicted to INF--

G

Hmm...Warren, I'd seriously think about it! If you've decided, tell me AND PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU

W

Warren

LOL! Well farp, let me tell you, we're always looking to bring Infiltration into the big time. To be honest, Catalyst and I started this project with full intention of just releasing something cool to the mod scene, then to start work on a single player project that we could hopefully have published one day.. however, Infiltration has matured, and still is maturing, into something quite proffessional, and we have adapted along with it. Even though Real Life(tm) acts as our enemy, we're still shooting for that goal. Towards the beginning of this project, Catalyst and I came up with a realistic and increadible single player story with all the right details- which we were going to use once Infiltration was 'finished.' But it seems this little mod is slowly turning into that project and so my personal view would be to finish 3.0 and possibly look into producing our single player storyline based on the Infiltration technology.. then combine the two and you could have an intense single and multi player experience.. It's just a concept, but that's where this team is headed eventually. Things may change to partially or drastically alter this, but we have a plan.. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif and if it does become successful, the team we finish version 3.0 with is the team I want to continue with..

D

Darkliege

If that were to happen, I'd quit school and work for you full time /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif to tell you the truth, I like singleplayer games a WHOLE lot better than multiplayer. And if Delta Force 2 had support for Voodoo 3, I'd like it much better

[This message has been edited by Darkliege (edited 11-17-1999).]

B

Billdog

Neo:
Have you seen the "Olsen Banden" movies? Warren got a plan...

What is "Olsen Banden":
Danish comedy movie series. One send each christmas on east german television. It's about a gang of 2 petty criminals with a mastermind as brain. The elaborate plans include use of cartoon tactics and household equipment. With the same fortuitous they operate, there plans are also intercepted by a single strike of fortune and the mastermind(only) goes to jail. In the next movie the mastermind leaves prison with another plan.

G

East Germany????
Heeeeello! Since 1989 East and West Germany is united again. (Damn, I know a lot /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Sorry, I've never seen this

B

Billdog

My bad grama? They were send once upon a time.

One of the phrases were "Egon* got a plan". It always concerned millions or even billions(10^9). Each coup(/movie) were supposed to be there biggest and often final.

*the mastermind