Erhm, bExtra1/2 in the mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
A

Anubis

Hi, I downloaded the mutator the other day and installed it and was up in running within minutes. It works fine, the bots use the weapons and I can shoot and etc. I'm using the UT demo btw. My problem is it doesn't recognize bExtra1 and bExtra2. I can set them, but it does nothing, and when I type in the command with out the set input stuff it says, "Inrecognized Command." Can someone help me? I'm on a Mac too.

------------------

W

Warren

Are you certain you're attempting to 'set' the proper buttons? For example the Number Pad buttons are called numpad1 to numpad9, etc. I don't believe a Mac should be any different 'in game' than a PC..

B

Billdog

Follow me:
Go into the option menu, chose "Advanced Options".
You should now have acces to another menu.
Chose "Advanced" and open "Raw Key Binding".
From there you can make your very own control layout with a few options that miss in the regular control setup. Just park "bExtra1" and "bExtra2" where ever you want.

A

Anubis

Uhm, since this is the Unreal Tournament Demo I have no advanced options, and no, I'm not using the numpad keys, I'm using the ones above the letters. :\

------------------

W

Warren

Either from the main menu screen or during a game, all you have to do is press the tithe button (`) or, if you're in game, press the TAB button. Then type in 'set input *key* button bExtra1' and you'll be good to go. Do the same thing with bExtra2. and of course replace *key* with what you want to set.

D

disturbed

Beff. Why did Westlake leave out the damn Advaned Options dialog? /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Here's another way to do it:
Open your User.INI file up and look for key bindings. Just put bExtra1 and bExtra2 where you want.

- Jon Merriman

B

Billdog

They did WHAT?

User.ini is one of the most overlooked brilliant features of unreal. Take it with you and put it in the UT/system folder on any other computer and UT starts with your personal setup. Make backups of your friends user.ini to replace your own when they are by.