Bots...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

Grillbag

I was wondering how you guys were going to configure the bots in a bot match for version 3. Will the bots be able to set up their own configurations of weapon loadouts? Will the player have to configure each bot with the loadout he/she wants them to have? Thanks...

W

Warren

good question- we're looking into the best possible solution. You as a player will be able to set up the bot yourself if you like, but how the bot sets itself up automatically is what we'll need to define. As the different version 3 systems come into place, we'll start looking at the best way.

V

Vampyro

Warren,
I know that some people might not want to play with the bulk/weight/money feature, and just want to play. I guess you all have already considered and have an answer to this, but I was just wondering if there will be an option to turn that off?

------------------
-An army without snipers is no army at all.-

W

Warren

Yes- as the roadmap says, folks playing a botmatch will be able to turn off that system and get any weapon they'd like- for practice.

V

Vampyro

Sorry, I have not read the whole roadmap, I'm just spouting ideas and questions /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

------------------
-An army without snipers is no army at all.-

G

Grillbag

Oh, ok I see. Maybe one way to do it would be to set up different loadouts and save them. Then the bots would choose from those randomly, or you could choose which one each bot gets. That would speed it up if you knew what loadout you wanted the bots to have or if you wanted all the bots to have the same loadout...

A

Anubis

How about a random load out generator? Is that even possible? Something that creates hundreds of random load outs for the bots based on the requirements, though, this might be a tad on the hard side. Just a suggestion though.

------------------

D

Darkliege

A general randomization might be bad because some maps such as an all indoors military base would be very ill suited for an AT4. If you want "smart" bots then you have to create limitations on what kinds of equipment they can have for certain maps. After those limits have been se, then I think that random configs would be best

G

Grillbag

Yeah, random loadouts would not be the best. Bots might become very good at blowing themselve up =). I still think one of the best systems would be to set the loadouts you like and either have the bots choose from those or have you set the loadout for them each.

B

Billdog

1. You can configure the bots as you like now, as they use uscript to run it would be easy to include preferred inventory for each (they already have a favorite weapon), with a default set by the team.

2. As you may know there is some code (worldstat?) that makes and record statistics in UT. If the loadout for bots could use it, they would each have a equal to skill setup for each map based upon there own behavior. The bot loadout program may have to be independent of UT in order for this to work.