Extra! Extra! Infiltration gets muzzle flashes!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

Catalyst

Well, thanks to the glory of UT, the Infiltration mutator will now have 3rd person muzzle flashes! As Warren put it: "Now you see where that bastard with the MP5 is coming from before you hear him!"

'nuff said.

G

Uh guys, sorry to burst your bubble but suppressors weren't designed just to eliminate noise. There is no muzzle flash on suppressed firearms. The baffles on the suppressor trap the unburned powder and prevent it from flashing. However, if you want to put muzzle flash in that's yer perogative.

Gryphon/JTF2

I

INF_Neo

It's like Gryphon said YET! When the silencer gets attachable, the muzzle flashes can be used.

W

Warren

Ah- I guess I was under the false impression that someone on this forum who supposedly knew what they were talking about said not all suppressors eliminate a flash.. hehe /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif my bad.. we'll make sure it's accurate then.

R

Repairman_Jack

Can't wait to see the Robar's muzzle flash. The M4's built in flash suppressor is quite effective even without an attachment.

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-

G

It's actually quite amazing how effective the standard A2 flash suppressor is. I had one mounted on my AR-15 shorty:

myar15-1.jpg

The most muzzle flash I ever got was no more than 6" long and was fairly dim. I was literally stunned, as barrels this short are known to throw fireballs over 1 meter long. Makes you wonder...

Gryphon/JTF2

C

Catalyst

Just curious, can you legally own that? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

B

Billdog

I've also heard a guy claim that the flash climbs with a silencer, and that the sound climbs with a suppressor. It feels good to kill that bastard /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif