Melee weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
M

MrTicky

Has anyone seen a guy walking around with a sword in his chest? If possible the INF team should make it that when you throw the machete into an enemy, the machete will injure him to 5% health, and get stuck in him.

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

I

INF_Neo

ouch!

------------------
- HEAR MY SOUNDS -
I N F I L T R A T I O N
SOUND ENGINEER

M

MrTicky

Hey man! I'm serious! It'll be SOOOO funny seeing a guy runnning around with a blade in his chest. It's an idea not to be missed!

I

INF_Neo

nonononoooo!
Please no Quake Tournament!
What if you had to decide between a good weapons code or a high-gore-code?

------------------
- HEAR MY SOUNDS -
I N F I L T R A T I O N
SOUND ENGINEER

T

thornz

uh, hello? This is supposed to be the REALISTIC weapons mod.
1) if you had a sword stuck in your chest, you wouldnt be able to run around, let alone scream. You'd probably groan, drop to the floor and never get up
2) how the hell are you going to get a machete stuck in you? It has such a broad, dull blade it would fracture or break some ribs and then fall out. A knife might stick, but only if it lands juuuust right. And have you ever tried to throw a k-bar? I didnt think so...

A

AgentSmith

Whats the diff between a Kar-Bar knife and any other knife... And I don't think having stuff stuck in your player's body would be realistic, I think you should make circled stains of blood where they've been shot..

T

thornz

just the fact that a throwing knife is relatively light and balanced so it will flip end over end properly and predictibly, while a k-bar has a heavier handle than blade so it takes more skillto get it to stick into something (not to mention that when a knife with a heavy handle is thrown, the inertia of the handle spinning in flight will keep the blade from sticking in something. The knife will keep spinning, sort of, and it will gouge and then the handle will hit the person). I'm pretty sure this is what would happen.

L

Loki

If you want my two cents. Get rid of the throwing of the knifes/ machete and change it to parry(dificult with a ka-bar) or a over head stab.
Or somthing like that

M

MrTicky

You guys may be right 'bout the realistic weapons code thing, but if you throw a sword or machete into someone, the sword wouldn't bounce off him, or hit him and fall off. It would get stuck in him and even go right through him! Or does this only happen in movies? And the machete should kill anything in one throw then if it is too UNREAListic. But thanx for answering this topic.

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

M

MrTicky

Loki has a point, maybe replace the throw feature to a secondary attack mode. Maybe even a block mode (The INF team has discussed about this). But it'll still be fun to have sword fights and knife fights. It's still realistic, like in battle, if you and your enemy lost all your weapons, and you 2 had a machete each , you 2 will be having a little sword fight.

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

T

thornz

yeah, but how often would that happen to require all the extra coding that would require?

I

INF_Neo

Good point!

------------------
- HEAR MY SOUNDS -
I N F I L T R A T I O N
SOUND ENGINEER