Infiltration on a Macintosh?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
K

Keyser Soze

Hi.

This may be a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway. I own a G3 233 witha Voodoo3 2000. I want to know if Infiltration(which looks so damn cool) will run on a mac. Will it? Which version? AND..... which version of Infiltration is made for Unreal Tournament? Thanks.

I

INF_Neo

Since we've got many Mac users around I'm quite sure that there'll be a MAC version.

Next release will be for UT retail. Stay tuned....we're just getting some bugs out.

T

thornz

okie dokey, here goes.

by the way, there is no mac specific version of ANYTHING for unreal tournament, but you CAN download & use the windows stuff.

doing this depends on what you are using. If you have Unreal, there is a UMOD which you can download. To install the UMOD, GT interactive has a UMOD installer you simply place into the folder with unreal, and then drop the UMOD file onto the installer. Thats it.

for UT, it's a bit trickier. There isnt a UMOD, only a .zip file. Download it and decompress it using stuffit expander or zipit. If you don't have one of those, get it. Both come in handy since once in a while one will decompress a UT related file (such as a UMOD) as a text file, which crashes the UMOD installer for UT (it's different, and can be found either on the web or on the CD UT came with). Anyway, decompress it and place everything in it's appropriate place. Anything ending with a .int or a .u goes in the system folder (the one in the UT folder, not on your hard drive!). For the sake of being helpful should you download maps and other stuff, .utx goes in textures, .unr goes in maps, and .uax goes in sounds. Then crank up UT and have fun.

see my response at http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum7/HTML/000885.html
for whether to use it on the demo or the full version. As for whether it works on your computer, if you can run unreal (which you should be able to), then you can run inf. It's just a matter of whether you have enough VRAM for texture swapping (should) and enough normal ram (be sure to use virtual memory).

T

thornz

you don't have to, although having something that would decompress properly the first try would be nice

Z

Zaren

To add my $.02...

Infiltration will run on a G3 with or without any fancy video cards; the stock video will suffice.

(Well, "suffice" may be too strong a word... it'll work, if you like playing your games at low res in a 400x300 window just to squeeze out 11 fps.)

The INF mods will work flawlessly in either Unreal or the UT demo (which is all I have right now); just read the instructions carefully, and have duplicate copies of the original files standing by in case you botch something up /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I had no problems at all getting the mods to work, while a fellow Mac user couldn't get them to work to save his life. YMMV.

[This message has been edited by Zaren (edited 01-23-2000).]

T

thornz

buddy, I have an Imac, one of the OLDER ones (not the 233 POS's, but 333 mhz with a really bad graphics accelerator) and UT still rocks. I play UT downstairs in my dorm sometimes on the blue and whites, and it gets better but not by too much.

D

disturbed

I play Unreal and Unreal Tournament on a 233 rev A iMac. Even before I got my Voodoo 2 for it Unreal was still more than playable. It rarely crashed and I was getting average framerates of about 20fps. Infiltration didn't slow it down a bit.

Now that I have a Voodoo 2 and 160 megs of RAM my machine is perfectly capable of playing both games at relatively good speeds.

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Research Center
http://rc.gamersreality.com/

M

MinuteMan

Bleafo. I am on a rev a iMac with a 8 meg V2 aswell. I run Infiltration effortlessly with my 96 megs of RAM. UT is a bit more of a challenge, but I boosted to 150 using VM, and it still runs fairly well, I average 25 FPS.

D

Dragon

I have an iMac Rev A With GameWizard VooDoo 2 8mg Card, Runs great. I also have a Power Mac 8600/300 with 12mg GW VooDoo2 Card Unreal runs great UT a little slower. One thing thronz didn't say is you have to update Unreal to version 224.7 the updates and the umod can be found at www.westlake.com. This is off the topic but does anybody have problems with some maps downloading as text files. I have tried Zipit and stuffit changed pref's to never change to text but they still do. In the Zipit window they show up as text before they are unzipped. I found an Unreal Filetyper on an ftp. site that works great, it changes the text files to Unreal files no prob. but now I have the problem with UT maps any ideas? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 01-24-2000).]

F

FUBAR

Right on my brothers. I have my 7300 maxed out with RAM, a Zforce g3 upgrade, and the old ATI Orion. I can tell you this, the PC's don't stand a chance. Rock on my brothers, Steve Jobs is a god.

FUBAR

Apple The Power to Open Doors Not Just Windoze.