houston, I have a problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

thornz

I'm not sure if this is happening to other mac users, users in general, or just with other mods I've added on or something, but this is along the lines of treydogs post at http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum7/HTML/000954.html

well, the slowdown with the rocket launchers particles is to be expected, and didnt cause any real problems before (with the demo mutator). However now that you can blow up ammo cartridges and grenades by hitting them (sometimes as soon as a person has dropped them), so many particles are being produced that the game will crash. Situation: I launched an AT4 at a bot loaded with clips and grenades, which explode, spewing particles and bullets forth. My game crashes and I get an error type two message, which equates to what I'm pretty sure means you've overloaded your ram and or processor doing what you just did. Now I've only experienced this once or twice normally, and when I added litplayer mutator (I need it if I want to play in the dark single player. The bots always know where you are and can see you always, while I am not so lucky. This evens up the odds) I experienced it a lot more. This is just something I was wondering if any other mac users were encountering (maybe just me) and if it was something that might needed to be addressed. I'm putting in more ram soon so we'll see how it goes then.

C

Catalyst

I've had cases of extreme slowdown on AS-Frigate with the destructable ammo and everything chain reacting...only real way around this is to disable some of the destructable stuff in the mutator configuration windows.

W

Warren

Yeah- you can either make the explosions occur less randomly or not at all- or a lot of times what I do is give everyone grenades starting out and make it so ammo doesn't drop- that way stuff can still explode, but not to the extreme that dropping ammo will do.

T

thornz

yeah, I do that too warren, but the problem isnt so much the bullets flying, but the particles like on the rocket launcher. The grenade throws out the same little yellow balls the rocket launcher does, so...

G

I have a PII @466 w/a Voodoo 2 and I had to disable the rockets due to the slowdown, my machine just couldnt handle it, just the way it is. It was even worse with the ammo. I like the straight ahead shooter anyway.
CC