PDA

View Full Version : Something Unrelated to say the least..

AgentSmith
23rd Feb 2000, 12:48 PM
I was wondering what your opinions on the best SWAT game on the shelves, I mean someone somewhere must have a theme started here cause Im seeing Rainbow Six, Swat 3, Spec Ops, Delta Force... there must be a couple more I didn't mention. So what's your opinion, what's the best?

INF_Neo
23rd Feb 2000, 02:46 PM
Rogue Spear!
DF2
Spec Ops 2

INF_Neo
23rd Feb 2000, 02:46 PM
BTW: Where have you been, agent?

INF_Neo
23rd Feb 2000, 02:48 PM
BTW2: a multiplayer add-on for SWAT3 is being worked on. Release: fall 2000

23rd Feb 2000, 06:19 PM
Yeah RS and SWAT 3 are both excellent, both have their up and downs. Didnt care for DF2 but the sound in that game was vey cool, and I like the ability to travel a long way over land, that was cool.
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

[This message has been edited by coffeycan (edited 02-23-2000).]

Wanderer
23rd Feb 2000, 08:38 PM
Rogue Spear
Delta Force

Then again those are the only 2 I've actually played from the big list of games.

PsychoYoda
24th Feb 2000, 02:44 AM
Well I played the demos of all the top squad based tactical games that were released recently...
Delta Force 2: thought the graphics looked like sh*t... gameplay was ok, but didn't thrill me much 'cause I couldn't stand looking at the landscape
Spec Ops 2: It was decent, but controls sucked. Graphics were decent, but I didn't get very far, had more fun throwing frags and watching my guys run for cover than actually playing it. I wasn't impressed.
Rogue Spear: I have R6 and loved it. This game is basically more of the same with better character models, new weapons, and some weather effects. Definately whoops the competition in almost every area... I just wish you could see some weapon flash or something on your end... oh well, a blast to play online if you have a cable or something (i have a 56k modem /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif)

I haven't played Swat3 yet, but heard it was good. I've never been a fan of the swat team IRL though... seems like they were always just busting in and disabling everybody... RS you gotta sneak around and take those tangos down! Anyway, I'll check out Swat3 when that supposed multiplayer comes out...

Billdog
24th Feb 2000, 04:07 AM
Moved from General Infiltration Talk to Off-Topic

Mr. T
24th Feb 2000, 11:21 PM
Played the demo of DF 2. Liked the open terrain style and other aspects were cool, but it ran so ****ty on my PII I give it: * 1/2

Haven't played spec ops or swat 3. But I heard terrible things about spec ops, and good things about swat 3, especially concerning it's advanced AI. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/sleepy.gif onfused:

Played RS and it opened my eyes to how cool a tactical, more realistic warfare game can really be. Cool weapons, impressive sound effects. And the weather effects added a great touch. Personally, just wish it allowed for dedicated servers. score: *** 1/2 http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/sleepy.gif ool:

deathren
28th Feb 2000, 11:50 AM
Mr. T, are you really Mr Ticky?

If so, Why'd you change your name to Mr. T?

------------------
"Even trusted friends are capable of betrayal,"
-James Bond, 007

[This message has been edited by deathren (edited 02-28-2000).]