PDA

View Full Version : McCain is out

Lance201
9th Mar 2000, 09:42 AM
McCain is out !!!

no chance for veterans in great politics...loosers are in the line!

LCPL TWENTY

INF_Neo
9th Mar 2000, 10:49 AM
Who's McCain?

Snakeye
9th Mar 2000, 11:23 AM
Guess that's the republican candidate that lost against Bush jr. - but I'm not sure, I know damn few about our politics and far less about US politics..

I prefer the 'other form' of politic:
WAR!!

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

INF_Neo
9th Mar 2000, 11:50 AM
You prefer war? Damn, I should ban you

Snakeye
9th Mar 2000, 12:41 PM
Try and I'll call a nuke strike against your country! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Come on: war is at least something honest; if you dislike someone kill him - in policy you shake his hand as kiss his ass.
BÄHHHH
I'd rather have a gun at home than a politician!

------------------

Lance201
9th Mar 2000, 01:48 PM
hm snakeeye I thing you woul have vote for McCain!!

Do you know Klausewitz??? War is nothing else than going on with politic but just with other tools (Hm ok it´s a very own translation because of my small amount of english words, but the sense must be clear or??)

LCPL TWENTY

Snakeye
9th Mar 2000, 05:27 PM
Well, I'm from Austria, I therefore speak German quite well, and I sure know Clausewitz! I was referring to him in my post - always thought that sentence was that famous everybody knew it.
But before a too wrong picture of myself forms in all your heads:
I'm no war fanatic - I even didn't serve with our army; I just find military history far more interesting than politics.
That's why I play strategy games and FPS - and not any weird politics/economics sim.

And after all I'm half swiss - so I'm always neutral and prefer peace to war.
Except about the Hornet - that's the point where I can't be neutral..but that's another story..

------------------

INF_Neo
9th Mar 2000, 05:34 PM
If Switzerland sends a nuke to Germany, Germany will send a nuke to Switzerland!
HA!

Well, somehow, you're right.
The X31 is better than the Hornet! Bäääh!

INF_Neo
9th Mar 2000, 06:38 PM
And Austria will get the 2nd nuke. Why? Because....yes! I don't know. Bad luck.

->
We'd make a hole out of Europe. Something new, don't you think?

Snakeye
10th Mar 2000, 07:14 AM
X31? What the hell are you talking about?
AFAIK the X31 is an experimental aircraft, not capable of carrying any weapons - just very agile, that little girl..
Think you played too much ATF..

Thanks for saying I'm right, though I got no idea what you exactly mean - but after all I'm right, that's enough for me..

BTW: Germany has no nukes - and no plane capable of downing a Hornet with an excellent pilot!
And I was talking about Austria nukeing Germany - our Drakens are the worlds best multi-purpose aircraft! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif hahahahahahahaa
Sorry, couldn't stay serious..

PS: I know about the Tornado, and it's an excellent attack aircraft, but I wouldn't try to dogfight anything with it..

------------------

INF_Neo
10th Mar 2000, 07:35 AM
Eurofighter!

hehe..maybe you believe Germany has no nukes. Mwuhahahahaaa!

You were right about politicians.

Snakeye
10th Mar 2000, 02:01 PM
The Eurofighter is just like an intelligent Marine; you always hear about him, but you never see them!
Or why do you think it was renamed from Jäger 90 to Eurofighter 2000 - and it's not even manufactured by Microsoft..
And Germany has Nukes, just it's hard to attach a powerplant to an aircraft.

And be true: The EFA is not as beautyful as a Hornet; just think about her sweet, gentle lines, her powerful twin engines, her ability to carry 12 AIM-120s, her...
(twelve mins later)
...her sweet cockpit and her cute little M61A1 gun in the centre of her sweet little nose.

*siiiiiigggghhh*

------------------

INF_Neo
10th Mar 2000, 08:54 PM
IMO all planes are ugly besides the X29 and the Su-37. Have you seen its first presenatation. That bell manoeuver looks fantastic.

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 10:49 AM
X-29, yeah..that babe's sweet..

What exactly do you dislike about aircraft?
Maybe it's another traumatic experience from your youth?
Just tell Doc Snakeye..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 05:14 PM
Steel or plastic can never be that beatiful as a woman

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 05:36 PM
That's something you're surely right about!
But why not admire other forms of beauty? Just because one is that superior?

And I think your fiancee would apprechiate it more, when you look at nice aircraft than at other women!

A Hornet might not be able to replace a woman, but it still is beautyful..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 06:25 PM
Hell, yes that's right. (Even though I never look at other women. I love the most beautiful women on earth)

Okay, I once was an aircraft freak too. I bought the X36 flightstick and the T35 Thrust controller. They could be programmed and I was unbeatable in Longbow 2 (can you do a looping while firing your 30mm at the poor enemy?) and Falcon 4.0

Have you ever played LB2 with 2 players in one Apache? I loved that (as long as I was the pilot and not the gunner)

A game I disliked was Jane's F15. Boring graphics.

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 06:29 PM
Then I got a new computer with these new keyboard thingies (kleinere Stecker) and I could forget my flight system for 250DM
I know there are these Umwurschteldinger to combine your old keyboard with the PC but I never bought it.

(BTW: The T35 even had a mouse controller. A little joystick at your thumb.)

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 06:33 PM
Longbow 2 ans Falcon 4.0 - can't be that long time gone..
I still am aircraft freak, though I prefer the Hornet or older aircraft - Red Baron, Aces of the Pacific, European Air War, B17 Flying Fortress, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Red Baron 2.
I also liked Falcon 3.0 and GS2000, ATF was quite funny too.
I have Falcon 4.0, but had no time to learn all the commands until now - maybe during summer holidays..

I have the Thrustmaster F16 FLCS - but no TQS until now..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 06:39 PM
I always tried to get games with realistic flight physics, I wanted to become pilot.
First I only flew jets but then I discovered the LAN.
It was boring to kill your enemy with an AMRAAM without having seen him.

Flying helicopters was much more fun + noone understood how to manage these babies (they couldn't really control them. It's VERY difficult to control a heli, especially in LB2). Jesus, it was so fun. Nobody understood how to use the FLIR on the Apache (the longbow radar not either). I loved to get on their six, hovering in a half circle around them and fire the cannon into the cockpit before they could do anything.

You got me Snakeye, I have to get my joystick to work again!

[This message has been edited by INF_Neo (edited 03-11-2000).]

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 06:44 PM
Hell I know it's difficult to controll a heli..I have LB2 myself, and it's near impossible without a TQS..
If you need a gunner, just write me and provide a computer with web..
I always prefered to do the funny things; gunners are just misunderstood..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 06:49 PM
I didn't say it's easy to be a gunner. But I have to fly.

BTW: When you're on LAN and play LB2. Take only Blackhawks and try to kill each other. That's funny. A masterpiece of flying capabilities needed.

Do you know of a better heli sim than LB2? I've heard something about Gunship III. You can link it with M1A2 Abrams. That has to be great fun!

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 07:05 PM
Nope sorry..
Just don't know that much about PC-games since I started to study again.
In fact I think I know more about INF than any other game..

Didn't say it's hard to be a gunner, but if you have to fly - I like to be gunner - sounds like a great team, as long as you have no prejudices against madmen..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 07:14 PM
Hey, I'm mad myself!

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 07:17 PM
perhaps we'd better meet in a chat, wouldn't take that much room on the MB..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 08:38 PM
might be better!

Lance201
13th Mar 2000, 04:25 PM
heh has someone deleted my last post here... there was just such a lovely message to snakeye.

INF_Neo
13th Mar 2000, 04:29 PM
There're only 3 persons who can do that. Warren, me and you.

Warren hasn't been here fo a while.
I didn't delete it

Guess who was it.

Lance201
13th Mar 2000, 04:30 PM
heh what´s going on here??

Lance201
13th Mar 2000, 04:35 PM
sorry I was still to stupid to actualize the threat (may be I was to long in Switzerland for skiing...)

forget my last post!

LCPL TWENTY

Lance201
13th Mar 2000, 04:36 PM
sag mal Inf-Neo, bist Du nicht der , der nicht zum Bund will wenn er noch ein altes G3 kriegt???

LCPL TWENTY

INF_Neo
13th Mar 2000, 04:39 PM
Ah, come on, leave Switzerland alone! I mean, okay, they talk a bit slowly but their chocolate is great.

(And for the tactics....nope...Switzerland was too boring for Hitler. Plus: Germany had lots of money in banks there. Remaining neutral to them was better for them [and the people there])

Lance201
13th Mar 2000, 04:43 PM
don´t forget the cheese and the nice cows and the snow in wintertime!!! And they can talk in 4 european languages (You will never understand them but who cares :=)!)

LCPL TWENTY