PDA

View Full Version : UT/Matrix/INF

MrTicky
29th Mar 2000, 09:28 AM
Argh! Y is everyone so interested in da MATRIX?!!!!

Argh! I think after 2.8 comes out all ya matrix fans will be playing with that DE all day long!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

Mr. T
29th Mar 2000, 09:48 PM
The Matrix is looking for you Ticky.

The answers are coming...

MrTicky
30th Mar 2000, 08:47 AM
hehe Mr T...

But I must admit, the matrix is a pretty good movie!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

Kibbles-N-Bits
30th Mar 2000, 06:50 PM
PRETTY GOOD??!?!?!? What kinda matrix fan are you!!! Its my religion!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons\icon_redface.gif)

ShakKen
30th Mar 2000, 11:02 PM
Personally, It's OK.

Shallow plot and script. Cheap Kung-Fu. But otherwise OK.

Mr. McFeely
2nd Apr 2000, 06:10 PM
Shallow plot...cheap kung fu. Perhaps... but the Matrix had the most Eye Candy Per Frame (ECPF) of any movie I have ever seen.
Sweet...sweet candy
Mr. McFeely

Mr. T
3rd Apr 2000, 01:07 AM
What are you talking about? Keanu Reeves's performance was nothing short of breathtaking! The passion! The emotion!

ShakKen
3rd Apr 2000, 07:59 AM
|:|

puh-leeez.

Bad.Mojo
4th Apr 2000, 01:23 PM
I'm going to intervene here... the plot was an amazing examination of existentialism and what kind of system shock you'd go through being violently seperated from a reality you knew your whole life, only to find out it was nothing more than a lucid dream. Every line of dialogue in that movie had dripping undertones of existentialism, from the way its best to seperate somebody from the Matrix at a young age (the seperation anxiety is lessoned because with age you grow to accept reality and the world around you,) down to the "No one can be told what the Matrix is..." line (which I think pretty much speaks for itself.)

Read between the lines, grasshopper.

------------------
Cinema, simulated life and drama/Birthright, culture, Americana/
The change in adrenaline got you searchin' for/the thin line between entertainment and war
There be no shelter here/the front line is everywhere

mp*lennon
4th Apr 2000, 06:48 PM
"Every line of dialogue in that movie had dripping undertones of existentialism"

Nah. Most of the stuff that Morpheus said was pretty intelligent, but Reeves was so unconvincing it kinda swept the movie off it's feet.

The kung-fu was good (not nearly as good as in "Once Upon a Time in China" or "Fong Sai Yuk" tho).

The shooting scenes were ok. I didn't like all those gimmicky effects. IMHO too much use of weird camera angles and extreme slo-mo. IMHO John Woo movies have better shootouts (especially his older HK movies).

The plot was ok, but the character emotions were terribly unconvincing.

IMHO a decent movie.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]
4th Apr 2000, 07:40 PM
Yea, the trippy effects kinda ruined the gunplay for me, too... it's dancing like quake... in a movie... ugh. Nothing makes action movies like realistic gun battles, IMHO.

Bad.Mojo
4th Apr 2000, 08:08 PM
Yes, Reeves completely ruined the movie. I thought he was completely miscast. I would have preferred seeing somebody like Johnny Lee Miller (more Trainspotting than Hackers -ugh) in that role. He can do a good job of hiding his accent, he has pretty much the perfect build for that role, and I think he'd look much cooler in a semi-squat with his messy blond hair and dark eyebrows going crazy akimbo with mad gun skills.

Of course, it was still an awesome movie, and when I say Keanu Reeves completely ruined it, I mean he ruined it as much as it could be ruined. I just love the way he says "woh". "Woh, I'm an airhead". "Woh, I just crossed the street." "Woh, I have mustard."

Fong Sai Yuk... i used to play Myth: TFL with that guy =).

Bad.Mojo
4th Apr 2000, 08:10 PM
This is the only time a post will ever get the "approving thumbs up" from me - yes mark it in your calendars children.

Tuco, Blondie and Angel-Eyes could whup Morpheus, Trinity, Neo, AND the agents in a gun fight, any day.

MJACK
7th Apr 2000, 09:48 PM
Heh, I find it funny that people would try to find deeper meaning in a movie with a plot, script, and acting as mindless as the Matrix. The Matrix sucked ass, one awesome action sequence does not a good movie make.

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 10:04 PM
SIN I SAY! What about when they killed a bunch of innocent federal agents, brutally ripping away their lives and ensuring that they would never see their families again just so they could save one man?

It was a pretty stupid movie, now that I think about it...

Mr. T
7th Apr 2000, 11:48 PM
Wow, then it was stupid and cool. Weird huh?
Woh. Woh, dude. Woh. Excellent.

Probably the hardest part about creating the movie was trying to figure out how to get Reeves to memorize his 5 lines.

Director: Now Keanu, this is the point where you will open your mouth and say "Woh", understand?

Reeves: Huh?

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 12:27 AM
Well, Reeves was woefully miscast, and I still don't see why they had to kill all the federal agents to save Morpheus' life. Really. I'm a really violent guy, but I can't figure that out for the life of me. They're supposed to be saving these people, and they just go blowing them away like it was nothing to save a big bald black guy. Oh wait, now I get it...

Black guys = big penis, Keanu = gay, big penis + gay = fun for Keanu.

Mr. T
8th Apr 2000, 12:36 AM
I don't know, I kind of like action movies that throw in a lot of senseless killing.

Besides, they figured Morpheus was vital to their cause. So they had the mentality of killing the few to save the many.

Mr. T
8th Apr 2000, 12:37 AM
Or, what you said works too.

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 12:53 AM
Well they killed the many to save the one. Neo was the "one", who would save everybody, so Morpheus was just sacrificable. I wonder why they had such queer names though. "My name's Tank!", "My name's Dozer", "My name's Apok!".

Man, **** you. My name is J. Matthew Lemieux and I go by AgunzaguN or Bad.Mojo or Angry Ass Rapist, but I don't call myself those IR'****in'L, now do I?

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 12:53 AM
Well they killed the many to save the one. Neo was the "one", who would save everybody, so Morpheus was just sacrificable. I wonder why they had such queer names though. "My name's Tank!", "My name's Dozer", "My name's Apok!".

Man, **** you. My name is J. Matthew Lemieux and I go by AgunzaguN or Bad.Mojo or Angry Ass Rapist, but I don't call myself those IR'****in'L, now do I?

Mr. T
8th Apr 2000, 01:21 AM
The Oracle said without Morpheus all is lost.
And Neo didn't think he WAS the one.

I think the movie was created in a way to appeal to as many age groups as possible, that's why we think it was cool and stupid at the same time. But I think almost all hardcore Action movies are cool and stupid at the same time.

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 03:15 AM
Man, Jet Li woulda made a better Neo. And much more suitable. Yiah, Romeo must Die sucked, but hell, he woulda fit in perfectly in The Matrix, and probably delivered his heavily accented dialogue better than Keanu Reeve's heavily retarded dialogue. Woh!.

I think Neo should have looked up Angelina Jolie Nude XXX Pics on his PC. And then displayed them.

Obsessed? YES!

Her and Fairuza Balk, baby. I want them both in bed. And I will never have them. Though I know a guy who went out with a girl for eight years (eight ****ing years!) and never received... er... oral treatment. Man, if I was him, I'd break her thumbs.

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 03:15 AM
Man, Jet Li woulda made a better Neo. And much more suitable. Yiah, Romeo must Die sucked, but hell, he woulda fit in perfectly in The Matrix, and probably delivered his heavily accented dialogue better than Keanu Reeve's heavily retarded dialogue. Woh!.

I think Neo should have looked up Angelina Jolie Nude XXX Pics on his PC. And then displayed them.

Obsessed? YES!

Her and Fairuza Balk, baby. I want them both in bed. And I will never have them. Though I know a guy who went out with a girl for eight years (eight ****ing years!) and never received... er... oral treatment. Man, if I was him, I'd break her thumbs.

Mr. T
8th Apr 2000, 05:18 AM
Well, I won't disagree with the Jet Li suggestion. He's an obvious choice. And I'm sure he can say "Woh!" right up there with the best of them. Hell, they would have HAD to slow mo the kung fu scenes just to be able to see what he was doing. FREAKY FAST.

I can picture Reeves in the audition (if there was one)

woh... Woh? Woh! WOH!!!

Zion? ZION??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif