PDA

View Full Version : CAN'T DOWNLOAD! AGAIN!

Rincewind
13th Apr 2000, 09:03 AM
****** ****** *************************!!! /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

I can't download the infiltration mod, because everytime I try to take it the browser just showes me a blank screen.

I posted about the same problem back in 02-17-2000, and got the answer to my question. But when I searched for it, I was told that that file is no longer on the server!
Is this some kind of a conspiracy against a poor fin that would finally like to get playing this game thank you very much!

INF_Neo
13th Apr 2000, 09:38 AM
hmm, I tried it and it worked fine for me...
Are you on Netscape or IE? (I used Netscape)
Where exactly does the black screen appear?

Rincewind
13th Apr 2000, 09:50 AM
I am on netscape. It just goes "Loading xxx...done" then nothing. AAAAAAAARGHHH! I finally get unreal, then I can't play the mod! (I have been waiting for 2 months for a friend of mine to finish playing UT, or rather get bored of it)

geogob
13th Apr 2000, 10:30 AM
Get bored of it http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/confused.gif

what the f...! that's possible?

/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

------------------
--- Geogob ---
The only way out is the C4 way

[This message has been edited by geogob (edited 04-13-2000).]

Omega SW
13th Apr 2000, 02:45 PM
Neo? You use ****scape? HAHAHA, You athiest.
I think i misspelled that /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
I am Omega(SW)FaL, I am the end...

-Lost-
13th Apr 2000, 03:58 PM
what do you have against netscape?

INF_Neo
13th Apr 2000, 04:21 PM
Because it crashes on Windows.

Could anybody of you send him the file per mail?

Andirez
13th Apr 2000, 07:19 PM
Rincewind, try this link :
Inf2.71 (ftp://files.sobservers.com/Infiltration/InfiltrationUT/Inf271) @ sobservers

------------------
Andirez
Team Duck

[This message has been edited by Andirez (edited 04-13-2000).]

Andirez
13th Apr 2000, 07:19 PM
Rincewind, try this link :
Inf2.71 (ftp://files.sobservers.com/Infiltration/InfiltrationUT/Inf271) @ sobservers

------------------
Andirez
Team Duck

[This message has been edited by Andirez (edited 04-13-2000).]

Mr. T
13th Apr 2000, 10:22 PM
But everything crashes on Windows.

Bad.Mojo
14th Apr 2000, 12:20 AM
Wrong again, Windows makes everything crash

-Lost-
14th Apr 2000, 02:36 AM
no, windows allows everything to crash

hunchback
14th Apr 2000, 05:58 AM
Windows allows everything to crash Windows.

Rincewind
14th Apr 2000, 06:16 AM
WOHOO!!! I managed to download from the given address, but which one is which? Is "inf27z.zip" the manual zip? What is a Umod format? Do you need a special program for it? If so, where can you get it? What's the meaning of life?

Beppo
14th Apr 2000, 08:59 AM
just doubleclick on the umod version and it will install Infiltration....
some users have problems with umods, so the pure zip can be installed manually by copying the files included the way mentioned in the readme.txt

Andirez
14th Apr 2000, 03:26 PM
Glad that the link worked.
About that meaning of life... playing inf ofcourse !

[This message has been edited by Andirez (edited 04-14-2000).]

Mr. T
14th Apr 2000, 04:51 PM
Well, in my experience, Windows 95/98 allows everything to crash Windows. But Windows NT 4.0 just allows everything to crash in on itself. It must use some form of crash containment technology. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Everything can crash and usually does, but at least the OS keeps running. But maybe I've just been lucky.

I haven't used 2000.

Bad.Mojo
15th Apr 2000, 12:58 AM
Computers launch nukes. They run cities and powergrids. They automate hospitals. They fly planes.

Are these really things we want the word crash to be associated with? My goddam command prompt never crashed.

What the hell was wrong with DOS? 5.0 was a dream, dammit. The only time anything would "crash" in it was when you needed more ram, and all that meant was loading your autoexec and config sys one by frigging one.

Do we really wanna make computers user friendly? Isn't that like taking out crossing lights because the red hand is "mean"?

Corin
15th Apr 2000, 02:02 AM
I always did like DOS better than 3.11, I always liked 3.11 better than 95, I always liked NT better than 95, I always hated 98, and well, my Macintosh was always there for me
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr. T
15th Apr 2000, 04:46 AM
I doubt there are too many windows machines running powergrids and nuclear weapons control. If so, then there needs to be some serious mental health evaluations performed on the system admins.

You should see what they run on the Space Shuttle. It's about as far from user friendly as you can get. Mostly Hal/S and Assembler, all developed on an IBM mainframe. Very archaic, but a hell of a lot more reliable than the code behind Windows.

[This message has been edited by Mr. T (edited 04-15-2000).]

hunchback
15th Apr 2000, 06:44 AM
Ugh... Different autoexec.bat and config.sys files needed to run different games? Only being able to run one program at a time unless you used Desqview to swap between them? Drive letters? The horror that is edlin?

I'll take any Unix OS over that garbage any day.

Although it was sorta cute being able to have a working system consisting only of a single file, command.com... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bad.Mojo
15th Apr 2000, 02:39 PM
You didn't need different autoexecs or config.sys's to run games, you just had to run the lines one by one.

I'd take an assembly based system any day though. Whoever mentioned that earlier was so right. Very archaic, very stable.

Judder Man
15th Apr 2000, 02:52 PM
Just a personal note:

"Computers are like air conditioners;
Open windows and they become useless..."

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Beware the Judder Man my deal when the server's phat.
Sharp of eye & quick of trigger his is, and cunning.
With sweetened talk of frags & kills, and the deliciousness of head shots.
Beware the Judder Man my dear when the server's phat /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif