PDA

View Full Version : ATI mach64 arrrg

geogob
20th Apr 2000, 02:38 AM
Does anyone of you have a ATI mach64 3D card????

It the card that came with my good old G3 AV

I know, this card sucks! In fact, when I play UT(or INF), using the RAVE rendering mode, polys are very often horribly displayed... it's bad that I had to bound the "Flush engine cache" command (flush) to a key... even more disturbing, it's the one just above the secondery fire!!! Scarry eh!

So im wondering does anyone have this card or a similar one... if it's the case, do you have any problems with it?...

Perhaps I should post a screen shot! it can be so terrible... bloody Ati card.. arrrrg

------------------
--- Geogob ---
The only way out is the C4 way

INF_Neo
20th Apr 2000, 07:36 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. I've got an ATI Rage Pro.(I play on Software modus, I can't stand this D3D imitation)

Bad.Mojo
20th Apr 2000, 10:06 AM
get a geForce =).

Like I just did.

geogob
20th Apr 2000, 02:17 PM
Well, I'm going to wait... before the end of the year, I'm going for a G4 (yeah, a mac again) with a voodoo5... hope that this problem won't be with glide or openGL..!!!

Perhaps changing the drivers would do the trick?

I don't have any problems with other games... an none what so ever with the numourous emulator I use, which are about all using RAVE rendering....

------------------
--- Geogob ---

INF_Neo
20th Apr 2000, 05:01 PM
I'll wait for the GeForce 2.

geogob
21st Apr 2000, 02:54 AM
geForce he! It's the first time I here abour geForce.... I'll look into it further!
Thanx

------------------
--- Geogob ---