BEPPO!!!! help please?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr. Strangelove

Aug 20, 1999
Visit site
Is there a HTML or UBB code that I can put in my signature that will show a random quote? Like what is on the infiltration frame.

---------------------------------------
AK2.jpg

"If you're in a fair fight,
you didn't plan it properly."

-- Nick Lappos

[This message was edited by Dr. Strangelove on Jun 14, 2000 at 21:11.]

Dr. Strangelove

Aug 20, 1999
Visit site
Ok, I tried the Java Script you used in the frame, but it crashed a thread (you cant see the script or anything....but it hides any messages you ad also.

Anyone know of a HTML or UBB way of doing this?

--------------------------------------
AK2.jpg

When the pin is pulled,
Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
One way i can imagine is if you reference an image to another site, that randomizes it every so often. Try finding a free server that allows CGI and JAVA then try it.

----

-MiscMan

smiley7.gif

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.

-Yiddish Proverb

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Just a quick note, you'd have to make the quote a jpeg of course. Shouldn't be a prob though of course.

If you dont want to do that, i suppose you could make a marquee that goes through a number of quotes, but that would look kinda goofy.

----

-MiscMan

smiley7.gif

-Yiddish Proverb

Dr. Strangelove

Aug 20, 1999
Visit site
Can I tell this message board to look at what is in a table on a different page and display that? In other words: Can I make this message board look for the image in a specific place, not look for a specific image?

I am not sure if you are talking about that or needing to manualy change the jpg every so often...that would still be a pain.

AK2.jpg

"Where did all these f***ing Indians come from?"

- George Armstrong Custer,
Battle of the Little Big Horn

Dr. Strangelove

Aug 20, 1999
Visit site
ok, looks like the thread was moved to off topic... but for some reason now the messages are backwords, so I will say my question again:

Can I tell this message board to look at what is in a table on a different page and display that? In other words: Can I make this message board look for the image in a specific place, not look for a specific image?

I am not sure if you are talking about that or needing to manualy change the jpg every so often...that would still be a pain.

AK2.jpg

"Where did all these f***ing Indians come from?"

- George Armstrong Custer,
Battle of the Little Big Horn

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Not sure where I used JAVA. This thread is weird, it reversed my posts!

Anyway, i was just looking at some HTML referencing stuff. You could use CGI, but somehow i doubt the MB would like it that much. I would just work around it. I'm sorry, maybe Beppo could help or something?

----

-MiscMan

smiley7.gif

-Yiddish Proverb

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
doubtful

This messageboard is run outside our hands, and we can't change any code. I don't know fully what it's capable of, but I highly doubt you'll be able to run any Java or CGI scripts from your sig line..

<hr align="left" width="50%" size="1" color="#00FF00"><font size="1">Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap
Then check out our FAQ</font>