I never want to hear that again....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Today while working on my car, I heard this truly evil sound, it was one of those Chevy 3500 diesels driving by my house, probably doing around 60 in a 25 zone(idiot) and all of a sudden, Mr. Speed Demon blew a piston!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif It sounded like a damn bomb going off or something! I could see the little thing JUMP out of the fecking hood and bounce happily down the road! As for the truck, it managed to pull of to the side of the street. Sorry, it was one of those things that you never forget and you have to tell it to somebody. Weird, huh?

Shoplifters will be beaten, stabbed, and stomped. Survivors will be prosecuted.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Yep, somebody *shattered* a piston in my autoshop class last year, Mr. K found all (or at least almost all) of the pieces and left them out on the table as an example to what happens to people who do stupid sh*t to their engine.

Yes, its a war from the depth of time!

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Nothing beats the time Mr. Spearman blew up the rim of a tire and sent a piece of the shrapnel FLYING through his arm. That was a wonderful thing for the Grade Eight Orientation kids to see. "Watch our auto teacher blow his arm off".

---
2000 years gone by and only 165 days of world peace in them.
---

Ak

May 28, 2000
Automotive HELL

Okay..Here's a basic transcription of what happened to me on a Illinois-California roadtrip/pilgrimage I took with a friend (who shall remain nemaless)Around this time last year. Enjoy..And never let it happen to you.
(Keep in mind, I was 19 when this happened)

Umm..I destroyed a Chevy S-10 Blazer once.. It was overheating trying to tow a trailer up a hill in Missouri, (I had mistaken it for a truck that could actually fukking PULL)So I pulled over to the side of the road and waited patiently for it to cool back down, with semis whizzing by at 60mph about 3 feet from the side. Two hours later, the temperature had dropped all of 20 degrees (Down to 240)And I got fed up. I pulled back onto the road and cranked up, hoping to get at least to the top of the hill so I could at least coast for a while and find a safe place to pull off. (I could see a gas station in the distance.) It ran for a while...Struggling, but then the engine began to emit a strange taktaktaktaktaktaktak. Noise.. I finally made it to the station, with that noise getting louder with every second..About 4 seconds later before the poor thing finally stalled. (engine not moving=cooling system not working) the temp jumped and and cooling system piping pretty much blew up, spraying a big green mess all over the asphalt. Expecting to incinerated within the next second or so, I jumped out of the car.. But nothing happened.. A while later, a mechanic sauntered over, lifted the hood and keenly observed that I had pretty much cracked the engine in half. I was pretty relieved to not have been blown up, but would have been a lot happier if I hadn't been 3,000 miles from home with no transportation. The mechboy said the car was now worth around $200, but only because if had 4X4 drive..(Which I was fairly sure didn't really work.)The high point of that day was watching A-10's flying by, apperently stationd at a nearby army base. Anyway in the end the person who I was tripping(heh)with prevailed upon a friend of hers who got us a slighly used Suburban for 17k...Which she basically drove off the road the very next day. Due to my presence of mind and catlike refexes (No,I am not shitting you here. I had to grab the wheel from the passenger seat, the driver had lost all control) I saved the car from complete destuction and we managed to get out with only a severely busted up trailer (Which ended up on its side) and a huge dent on the rear door where the trailer hit it..(But the CD player never skipped..It was awesome)..I sat on the side of the highway and played my harmonica as I waited for the wrecker to come. So we got the trailer back upright,(Which, BTW had 2 full cans of gasoline in it, packed by aforementioned friend's father. We ditched them then and there.) and drove it to the nearest auto shop (With the rear wheel threatening to come off) The trailer was a complete loss, so we rented a new trailer and transferred all the stuff.(Remarkably, not much was broken) and got on our way once again..The rest of the trip was relitively uneventfull, with the exception of a nervous breakdown and severe paranoia in Barstow after a 700 mile day..And that's basically it..I'm never driving through missouri again...Ever. I just like the fact that we effectively destoyed $23,000 worth of autmotive equipment. (None of which was mine, ha-HA!!) At least I can be secure in the fact that my '91 Explorer can actually tow shit without overheating. (Even if it can't brake)
Sigh...Anyway..This has been a public serivce anouncement...don't ever drive through Missouri.
Later,
Ak
(If you've got a better story than this, i'd love to hear it!)
_--__--___--__--___--___

"We're a peace loving people...And we'll KILL anyone who tries to take that peace away!"

Good one...

Ouch, cracked engine /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Heres one for ya...

One day me and a couple of friends were just crusing around about 10 miles outside of Victorville, Ca. Now keep in mind that Victorville is a desert area, where it can get up to 110 in the shade...

anywho, marveling over a little item called nitrous oxide, we decided to take turns drag racing down this 1/4 mile stretch of hard packed sand. So the first guy (note about the first guy, hes kinda not all there, all foam, no beer) went down the "strip" as we called it, and ran it in about 8.9 seconds, which was pretty good. When he got back, the car was making a sound like one makes when there wheezing, and I noticed a little fluid leaking out from the hood, just as I said something along the lines "Hey man, you might not want to run it now, look at that $hit coming out from under the engine" I said that about the same time he hit the gas and took off. Came back in 8.5 seconds or something like that. Now the engine was putting off a 5hit load of steam, and the first guy to run popped the hood and noticed the radiator was the source of steam. So what did he do? He BAREHANDED OPENED THE RADIATOR AND WAS SPALSHED WITH HOTTER THAN HELL FLUID!!! Fortunately, a few of the locals where around and rushed him to a hospitol, where he received 2nd and 3rd degree burns to the upper half of his body /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Needless to say, we never did that again. I'm just glad that I didn't get a chance to drive. I was about 25 when that happend btw.

I feel the reason as it's leaving me, no, not again

Its quite decieving as I'm feeling the flesh made me bad

-Korn

CBuzz

Mar 5, 2000
Washington, DC
www.planetunreal.com
woah woah woah.... an 8.9 second 1/4 isn't only not bad... it's fast as shit!!! back in high school I used to have a '66 nova that ran 11's and that was scary as hell:) 'course, i wasn't running nitrous...

and wtf was that guy doing owning something that ran 8's when he didn't know the first thing you should ever learn about car trouble... NEVER uncork a hot radiator!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
I don't think the darwin awards accept applicants who survived the incident still able to reproduce...

... I just couldn't imagine someone trying to open a hot radiator with their genitals. Talk about pain... /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Yes, its a war from the depth of time!