I need help reducing my ping!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hey all, i tried playing INF on a server yesterday and to be quite honest, the speed sucked. How do i reduce my ping? I shut down all the stuff in the background.. and I even have my system overclocked. Maybe its the fact that I'm using 56k? Somebody help... On half-life and counterstrike the lag is acceptable, but when I play UT... it just slows down like a slug.

*May the forces of darkness smite thy enemies* -Domin0

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Look/search for UT tweak guides regarding MP issues, Im sure that planet unreal has some, and the information tends to be pretty good, thats the best that I got...
CC

RealMaps Site Co-Founder/Coordinator
ccsig.gif

RealMaps Leads the Way

Dark Knight

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
ping

---Domin0
Take a look at 3dspotlight . There is very good modems section. I went through those pages and my ping to sgservers.com went from about 220 down to 170-->180 ! That site also has loads and loads of other tips and tweaks for graphics and sound etc...

/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif