'Allo Halo!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
Wow, have you guys seen the up and coming game
'Halo' at http://halo.bungie.org/ ???

Looks like Tribes2 will photorealistic graphics and terrain!

The engine is so sophisticated it is touted as the next big thing with:

- seamless terrain (dynamic terrain loading)
- multitextures (without slowdown)
- true integral physics (things like realistic buggy suspension and shadows that don't slow down the machine!)

and much more!! The 'movie' is so good it looks like cutscenes from current top of the line FPS (eg. the Q3 movie at the beginning) - even though it is actually a demo of the gameplay!

It's actually really nice to look at, kinda like watching a CGI FMV. There's a scene where the buggy comes across a herd of aliens, and it looks like the herd of dinosaurs from Jurassic Park - it's that good!

Check it out and let me know what you guys think (okay maybe old hat for some of you, but let's hear your thoughts anyways!)

cheers,
O101.

You're male by birth, but a man by choice.

A

-agunzagun-

I saw the movie's some time ago, yeah, Halo is cool. But I am not going to buy it. why?

well, Microsoft has bought out Bungie, and now, Halo is slated to be released for the X-Box, and it may not be released for the PC...this pisses me off, because I don't want to pay 700+ dollars (current "cost-timate" of the X-Box) to play a game that I COULD have got for around 50 or 60 bucks /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

dtfsig1.gif

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Halo/Hello

Hello. I haven't posted anything here ever, so I am just giving my greetings. I have been following the Halo community, and I like Inf so I might as well... (Ohhh, smilies.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Anyway, Halo will be coming out for PC and Mac, but not soon. Patience I guess.

Oh well. Not much else to say about my first post.

"The only fool is the one who refuses to learn"

-ThunderChunky