Is SWAT3: Elite Edition worth it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I was down at my local CompUSA today, and noticed that SWAT3: Elite Edition was on sale for $28. I've played Rainbow Six before and didn't like it much, but I've heard really good things about the SWAT series. So, my question is: If I didn't like R6, will I like SWAT3?

-Keiichi

Sig01.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/

BulletSponge

may also be used as a GrenadeMagnet
Jul 20, 1999
I personally like Swat3 a lot more than R6. The SWAT AI officers will actually cover you and do things on their own instead of just standing around waiting to get shot until ordered otherwise.
In my opinion, SWAT is a little faster paced than R6. Even though the game focuses on arresting suspects instead of killing them, there's still plenty of lead exchanged during the missions. The pre-mission planning for SWAT is also less complex. Pick a wepon and which door you want to go through, and you're ready to rock. None of those complicated waypoint maps. The missions, with the exception of one or two, are also shorter than those in R6.
Oh, and multiplayer rocks /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
SWAT roolz tha skoolz

Dood SWAT is a great series. I personally like 3 the best. It is realistic, and as said above your teamates will actually use some ****ing common sense and cover your ass when push comes to shove. A definate buy. Oh and I hated R6 myself it was lame and pathetic. I mainly disliked it because of the mouse sensitivity.

upso.gif
I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job, I'm your average white suburbonite slob.
-- Dennis Leary