Ahh, nostalgia.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Anyone here know an old game called Chuck Yeager's air combat.

I just found it among my old floppy's and reinstalled it.
What a nostalgik feeling, it was my second game for my 387 (i actualy had that upgrade chip :D )

Even thoug it so old, it hasent lost much replay value, the graphics stink...yes it lacks all thouse features we're used to...yes, but its so damn fun.

Does anyone know if there's ever been a mod for it, if so, post a link :)

gfsig3.jpg

All hail the PRF!

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I had CYAC for my old Macintosh... That game was awesome!!! The cheesy drone of the engine, the stick man who ejected out of your plane, Chuck Yeager shouting at me "Check Six!!!", strafing the recangle trucks, dodging the pyramid mountains, unrealistic flight physics, and all the rest of the game were simply astounding.

Actually, that was the last flight sim (outside of Freespace 2) that I ever bought, or for that matter, even played. Cursed lack of a joystick.

Stupid thing got me in trouble though, because, back in 7th grade, I stayed after in the computer lab, put the game on a few computers, and had a network battle with some friends of mine. Needless to say, the teachers were not too pleased.

I might have to play that again once I go back home for Thanksgiving.

-------------------------------------------
Stupid People Offend Me.

"The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind" -H.L. Mencken

thunderchunky2.gif

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
mmm, the P51 mustang. I loved CYAC and because of it, i love the mustang.

Lord Perrin :)

War comes down to he with pointiest stick

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Try taking on 5 phantoms in the Mustang...

I did it once... Plane was at 100% damage, stalling all the time because I was at 40% engine power, and Chuck telling me to "Hit the Silk", but it was still accomplished.

Also fun was to take the F4 and fly against 15 B51s. Talk about a turkey shoot.

-------------------------------------------
Stupid People Offend Me.

"The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind" -H.L. Mencken

thunderchunky2.gif

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Well I never played the damn game, but I did play Hugo's House of Horrors, that game was "Da Bomb" (I'm still working on my ebonics)

sig.gif

Together we stand... Divided we fall.
Pacman@planetunreal.com

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Its still a great game, and thats after 9 years.

I jusy went up agains 5 me 109's and 2 me 110's on medicore in my P-51, i actualy came out of that one alive, 75% dameged, but i did it.

Now the stranges thing is this, i have 2 newer air combat sims on my shelf (witch run like sh!t might i add) but none of them suport my digital joystick, but CYAC does :D

But is there any mods for it, how cool wouldent it be to have more planes!

gfsig3.jpg

All hail the PRF!