Lan Probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RikkyB

ok this isn't a infiltration problem. instead just something me and my mates couldn't figure out

when we play LAN games, one computer is the server in the HUB obviously and me and the other 2 go into ports 2 and 3..

We all have the correct protocols and have our computers exactly the same settings wise. On the network neighbourhood all off the computers show up fine... on every computer but the 2 computers that arn't the server can't get into each others hard drive and can only get into the servers, where as the server computer can go into both no prob.

Now games wise... for some reason we can all play UT fine. Q3 fine and Delta Force.... fine..... but in almost every other game the 2 computers that arn't servers. cannot see each other. Total Annihilation does this. red alert 2 does this. Alien vs Predator does this.. with a majority of games it won't allow the two none server puters to see one another resulting in only 2 player LAN games being possible.

What we can't understand is why Delat force, UT and Q3 allow us to play ok. yet almost every other game we try does not!..

is there something we arn't doing or somekind of troubleshooter you can us to?. i know you'd be going out of your way but i find the best advice comes from gamers themselves. If you can help would greatly appreciate a reply.

thanks for your time.

Rik